Matthew McConaughey Got Dream Car on His 40th Birthday
Matthew McConaughey will always treasure the vintage Chevrolet he received on his 40th birthday from girlfriend Camila Alves - because the gift was his dream car as a teenager. The "Sahara" star, who reached the milestone on November 4, 2009, couldn't believe his eyes when he woke up on his big day to find the 1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 sitting in his driveway.
He says, "Camilla got it for me for my 40th. (It's) very cool because my middle brother Pat, it's what he drove in high school. When I was 12 and he was 18, he'd come home on a Friday or Saturday night at 12.30 A.M and he'd come inside and wake me up and I'd run out in my underwear and get in the passenger seat and listen to rock n' roll in the driveway."
McConaughey reveals it was the first car he ever drove - and now he can cruise around in his very own model. He continues, "My mum and dad would go out of town and he (Pat) would let me drive it, all around Texas. It had a concord system in there. At that time it was a larger than life hot rod time machine. So I've always talked about it, then I woke up on my 40th and there was this beauty sitting in the driveway."
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert