Matthew McConaughey Got Dream Car on His 40th Birthday
Matthew McConaughey will always treasure the vintage Chevrolet he received on his 40th birthday from girlfriend Camila Alves - because the gift was his dream car as a teenager. The "Sahara" star, who reached the milestone on November 4, 2009, couldn't believe his eyes when he woke up on his big day to find the 1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 sitting in his driveway.
He says, "Camilla got it for me for my 40th. (It's) very cool because my middle brother Pat, it's what he drove in high school. When I was 12 and he was 18, he'd come home on a Friday or Saturday night at 12.30 A.M and he'd come inside and wake me up and I'd run out in my underwear and get in the passenger seat and listen to rock n' roll in the driveway."
McConaughey reveals it was the first car he ever drove - and now he can cruise around in his very own model. He continues, "My mum and dad would go out of town and he (Pat) would let me drive it, all around Texas. It had a concord system in there. At that time it was a larger than life hot rod time machine. So I've always talked about it, then I woke up on my 40th and there was this beauty sitting in the driveway."
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'