Matthew McConaughey Got Dream Car on His 40th Birthday
Matthew McConaughey will always treasure the vintage Chevrolet he received on his 40th birthday from girlfriend Camila Alves - because the gift was his dream car as a teenager. The "Sahara" star, who reached the milestone on November 4, 2009, couldn't believe his eyes when he woke up on his big day to find the 1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 sitting in his driveway.
He says, "Camilla got it for me for my 40th. (It's) very cool because my middle brother Pat, it's what he drove in high school. When I was 12 and he was 18, he'd come home on a Friday or Saturday night at 12.30 A.M and he'd come inside and wake me up and I'd run out in my underwear and get in the passenger seat and listen to rock n' roll in the driveway."
McConaughey reveals it was the first car he ever drove - and now he can cruise around in his very own model. He continues, "My mum and dad would go out of town and he (Pat) would let me drive it, all around Texas. It had a concord system in there. At that time it was a larger than life hot rod time machine. So I've always talked about it, then I woke up on my 40th and there was this beauty sitting in the driveway."
More Matthew McConaughey News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?