Matthew McConaughey Got Dream Car on His 40th Birthday
Matthew McConaughey will always treasure the vintage Chevrolet he received on his 40th birthday from girlfriend Camila Alves - because the gift was his dream car as a teenager. The "Sahara" star, who reached the milestone on November 4, 2009, couldn't believe his eyes when he woke up on his big day to find the 1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 sitting in his driveway.
He says, "Camilla got it for me for my 40th. (It's) very cool because my middle brother Pat, it's what he drove in high school. When I was 12 and he was 18, he'd come home on a Friday or Saturday night at 12.30 A.M and he'd come inside and wake me up and I'd run out in my underwear and get in the passenger seat and listen to rock n' roll in the driveway."
McConaughey reveals it was the first car he ever drove - and now he can cruise around in his very own model. He continues, "My mum and dad would go out of town and he (Pat) would let me drive it, all around Texas. It had a concord system in there. At that time it was a larger than life hot rod time machine. So I've always talked about it, then I woke up on my 40th and there was this beauty sitting in the driveway."
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'