Slash Becomes Partner of 'Dora the Explorer'
Former Guns N' Roses' rocker Slash is showing his softer side by teaming up with Nickelodeon to design a "Dora the Explorer" backpack for charity. The Velvet Revolver's star has been hired by bosses at the children's TV company to help launch a series of limited edition celebrity-designed bag, which will go up for auction in summer to raise money for the Children's Defense Fund.
Slash will put his own personal touches to the design, which features popular cartoon character Dora the Explorer, while Shakira and Salma Hayek will also contribute to the project.
Limited numbers of the backpacks will be put up for sale in countries across the world including the U.S., Britain, Canada, France and Spain, and money raised from the auction will benefit childhood education programs in each respective country, according to Blabbermouth.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo