Slash Becomes Partner of 'Dora the Explorer'
Former Guns N' Roses' rocker Slash is showing his softer side by teaming up with Nickelodeon to design a "Dora the Explorer" backpack for charity. The Velvet Revolver's star has been hired by bosses at the children's TV company to help launch a series of limited edition celebrity-designed bag, which will go up for auction in summer to raise money for the Children's Defense Fund.
Slash will put his own personal touches to the design, which features popular cartoon character Dora the Explorer, while Shakira and Salma Hayek will also contribute to the project.
Limited numbers of the backpacks will be put up for sale in countries across the world including the U.S., Britain, Canada, France and Spain, and money raised from the auction will benefit childhood education programs in each respective country, according to Blabbermouth.
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record