Slash Becomes Partner of 'Dora the Explorer'
Former Guns N' Roses' rocker Slash is showing his softer side by teaming up with Nickelodeon to design a "Dora the Explorer" backpack for charity. The Velvet Revolver's star has been hired by bosses at the children's TV company to help launch a series of limited edition celebrity-designed bag, which will go up for auction in summer to raise money for the Children's Defense Fund.
Slash will put his own personal touches to the design, which features popular cartoon character Dora the Explorer, while Shakira and Salma Hayek will also contribute to the project.
Limited numbers of the backpacks will be put up for sale in countries across the world including the U.S., Britain, Canada, France and Spain, and money raised from the auction will benefit childhood education programs in each respective country, according to Blabbermouth.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked