Slash Becomes Partner of 'Dora the Explorer'
Former Guns N' Roses' rocker Slash is showing his softer side by teaming up with Nickelodeon to design a "Dora the Explorer" backpack for charity. The Velvet Revolver's star has been hired by bosses at the children's TV company to help launch a series of limited edition celebrity-designed bag, which will go up for auction in summer to raise money for the Children's Defense Fund.
Slash will put his own personal touches to the design, which features popular cartoon character Dora the Explorer, while Shakira and Salma Hayek will also contribute to the project.
Limited numbers of the backpacks will be put up for sale in countries across the world including the U.S., Britain, Canada, France and Spain, and money raised from the auction will benefit childhood education programs in each respective country, according to Blabbermouth.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered