Anna Friel Calls Herself 'a Late Bloomer'
Anna Friel has dismissed speculation she was a man-eater in her youth - insisting she was a "late bloomer" who has only had a handful of boyfriends. The British actress became well known for her hard-partying ways in the 1990s after shooting to fame in the U.K. on a popular soap opera - making friends with supermodel Kate Moss and stepping out with singer Robbie Williams.
Friel's longterm relationship with "Harry Potter" star David Thewlis was thrown into doubt in 2009, amid reports she was having an affair with her co-star in West End show "Breakfast at Tiffany's" - which she later denied. And the 33-year-old beauty is adamant the public's perception of her as promiscuous is wrong - revealing she's only had three longterm relationships since she was 16.
She tells InStyle magazine, "I was a late bloomer. I only had two boyfriends. I lost my virginity at 16 and stayed with that guy for a year-and-a-half. I was with (U.K. actor) Darren Day for two-and-a-half years, until I was 20. I was single until I was 24 and met David. When I was single, that was when I dated Robbie Williams."
"I wasn't the girl at school who had all the boyfriends," the actress continues. "All my friends were boys - but they didn't fancy me. They saw me as a friend and I got used to it."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences