Brittany Murphy's Widower Returns a Total of 800 Dollars to Donators
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack has begun giving back donations after the charity he set up in his ex-wife's name was shut down - but insists he only managed to collect a total of $800. The actress died in December 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home, and her grieving husband subsequently set up the Brittany Murphy Foundation in her honor.
He even planned a charity gala for the launch of the Foundation in February, charging $1,000 a ticket, but canceled the bash at the last minute. It was later revealed the foundation was not legally registered as a charity with the state of California, and a statement was issued through the organization's website revealing all donations would be handed back until non-profit status is approved.
Monjack tells TMZ.com he has started the process of handing back all the money the organization received, but reveals it only totaled $800. He insists plans to resurrect the foundation are going ahead and he is taking the "the proper steps" to make sure the organization is registered.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce