Brittany Murphy's Widower Returns a Total of 800 Dollars to Donators
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack has begun giving back donations after the charity he set up in his ex-wife's name was shut down - but insists he only managed to collect a total of $800. The actress died in December 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home, and her grieving husband subsequently set up the Brittany Murphy Foundation in her honor.
He even planned a charity gala for the launch of the Foundation in February, charging $1,000 a ticket, but canceled the bash at the last minute. It was later revealed the foundation was not legally registered as a charity with the state of California, and a statement was issued through the organization's website revealing all donations would be handed back until non-profit status is approved.
Monjack tells TMZ.com he has started the process of handing back all the money the organization received, but reveals it only totaled $800. He insists plans to resurrect the foundation are going ahead and he is taking the "the proper steps" to make sure the organization is registered.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked