Brittany Murphy's Widower Returns a Total of 800 Dollars to Donators
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack has begun giving back donations after the charity he set up in his ex-wife's name was shut down - but insists he only managed to collect a total of $800. The actress died in December 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home, and her grieving husband subsequently set up the Brittany Murphy Foundation in her honor.
He even planned a charity gala for the launch of the Foundation in February, charging $1,000 a ticket, but canceled the bash at the last minute. It was later revealed the foundation was not legally registered as a charity with the state of California, and a statement was issued through the organization's website revealing all donations would be handed back until non-profit status is approved.
Monjack tells TMZ.com he has started the process of handing back all the money the organization received, but reveals it only totaled $800. He insists plans to resurrect the foundation are going ahead and he is taking the "the proper steps" to make sure the organization is registered.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby