Brittany Murphy's Widower Returns a Total of 800 Dollars to Donators
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack has begun giving back donations after the charity he set up in his ex-wife's name was shut down - but insists he only managed to collect a total of $800. The actress died in December 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home, and her grieving husband subsequently set up the Brittany Murphy Foundation in her honor.
He even planned a charity gala for the launch of the Foundation in February, charging $1,000 a ticket, but canceled the bash at the last minute. It was later revealed the foundation was not legally registered as a charity with the state of California, and a statement was issued through the organization's website revealing all donations would be handed back until non-profit status is approved.
Monjack tells TMZ.com he has started the process of handing back all the money the organization received, but reveals it only totaled $800. He insists plans to resurrect the foundation are going ahead and he is taking the "the proper steps" to make sure the organization is registered.
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Slams His Car Onto Paparazzo in Beverly Hills
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 9 Taps Jimmy Kimmel and More to Guest Star
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie