Benji Madden Shares Reason for Dropping Good Charlotte's Latest Album
Rocker Benji Madden scrapped Good Charlotte's latest project, insisting it lacked "the magic" of their previous albums. The guitarist has revealed he dumped the band's follow-up to 2007's "Good Morning Revival", because he was unhappy with the way it sounded.
Madden admits he was worried about voicing his concerns to his bandmates but knew they had to start over from scratch. He tells Kerrang! magazine, "Good Charlotte vibe just wasn't there. On every record we've made there has always been a clear moment where I just felt like we had captured the magic. But this time around I just didn't get that feeling. I loved the songs, but that moment never came."
"Music is not like building furniture. There's an X factor, an undetermined thing that makes it come together and, thankfully, that feeling has come back." The rockers are now back in the recording studio and planning to dedicate their long-awaited new release to their loyal fans.
Madden adds, "(Frontman and brother) Joel (Madden) and I sat down before we started this record and decided we needed to really reconnect with our fans on this record. Our fans have really stuck by us through thick and thin and put up with all the s**t that's out there and the whole rollercoaster we've been on. This record is for them. It's going to be a moment between us and them and I think it's the most personal and soulful record that we've made."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal