Benji Madden Shares Reason for Dropping Good Charlotte's Latest Album
Rocker Benji Madden scrapped Good Charlotte's latest project, insisting it lacked "the magic" of their previous albums. The guitarist has revealed he dumped the band's follow-up to 2007's "Good Morning Revival", because he was unhappy with the way it sounded.
Madden admits he was worried about voicing his concerns to his bandmates but knew they had to start over from scratch. He tells Kerrang! magazine, "Good Charlotte vibe just wasn't there. On every record we've made there has always been a clear moment where I just felt like we had captured the magic. But this time around I just didn't get that feeling. I loved the songs, but that moment never came."
"Music is not like building furniture. There's an X factor, an undetermined thing that makes it come together and, thankfully, that feeling has come back." The rockers are now back in the recording studio and planning to dedicate their long-awaited new release to their loyal fans.
Madden adds, "(Frontman and brother) Joel (Madden) and I sat down before we started this record and decided we needed to really reconnect with our fans on this record. Our fans have really stuck by us through thick and thin and put up with all the s**t that's out there and the whole rollercoaster we've been on. This record is for them. It's going to be a moment between us and them and I think it's the most personal and soulful record that we've made."
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards