Gwyneth Paltrow Informs Fans the Importance of Restful Sleep
Gwyneth Paltrow is urging readers of her online health and lifestyle website to get some sleep - because a good rest is tantamount to good health. The actress has teamed up with her doctor, Frank Lipman, to get the message across with a list of sleep tips on Goop.
She writes, "Everyone I know is knackered (tired), me included. But I didn't imagine that there could be health problems associated with not getting a good night's rest. I recently read a book called 'Light's Out: Sleep, Sugar and Survival' by T.S. Wiley, which talks about the negative cumulative effects of sleep deprivation (ageing, hormonal imbalances, etc.) I asked one of my doctors, Frank Lipman, for his opinion."
She hands over the new post on the site to Lipman, who offers suggestions on ways to sleep better. The doctor writes, "In addition to a healthy diet and regular exercise, getting enough restful sleep is the most important thing you can do for your health. Proper sleep is one of the keys to looking and feeling your best, yet it's estimated that up to 70 per cent of Americans are chronically sleep deprived."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound