Gwyneth Paltrow Informs Fans the Importance of Restful Sleep
Gwyneth Paltrow is urging readers of her online health and lifestyle website to get some sleep - because a good rest is tantamount to good health. The actress has teamed up with her doctor, Frank Lipman, to get the message across with a list of sleep tips on Goop.
She writes, "Everyone I know is knackered (tired), me included. But I didn't imagine that there could be health problems associated with not getting a good night's rest. I recently read a book called 'Light's Out: Sleep, Sugar and Survival' by T.S. Wiley, which talks about the negative cumulative effects of sleep deprivation (ageing, hormonal imbalances, etc.) I asked one of my doctors, Frank Lipman, for his opinion."
She hands over the new post on the site to Lipman, who offers suggestions on ways to sleep better. The doctor writes, "In addition to a healthy diet and regular exercise, getting enough restful sleep is the most important thing you can do for your health. Proper sleep is one of the keys to looking and feeling your best, yet it's estimated that up to 70 per cent of Americans are chronically sleep deprived."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna