Robert De Niro Asks Aging Stars to Shun Cosmetic Surgery
Robert De Niro has called on his contemporaries to accept the aging process - and commends Meryl Streep for shunning cosmetic surgery. The legendary "Taxi Driver" 's actor is famous for his rugged features, and insists he would never contemplate going under the knife to rid his face of wrinkles.
And he is urging older stars to follow Streep's lead - by refusing to resort to medical procedures to retain their youthful looks. He tells Britain's The Times magazine, "It's so transparent (surgery). If you're doing a younger part in a story, say 15, 20 years younger, the audience will accept that, and you can do it in a very real way."
"But to do it for yourself? I was reading something about Meryl Streep, and Meryl was describing how she doesn't do any of that stuff, and that's great. Getting old is a natural thing. And you'd better embrace it, 'cos you've got no choice".
More Robert De Niro News
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video