Robert De Niro Asks Aging Stars to Shun Cosmetic Surgery
Robert De Niro has called on his contemporaries to accept the aging process - and commends Meryl Streep for shunning cosmetic surgery. The legendary "Taxi Driver" 's actor is famous for his rugged features, and insists he would never contemplate going under the knife to rid his face of wrinkles.
And he is urging older stars to follow Streep's lead - by refusing to resort to medical procedures to retain their youthful looks. He tells Britain's The Times magazine, "It's so transparent (surgery). If you're doing a younger part in a story, say 15, 20 years younger, the audience will accept that, and you can do it in a very real way."
"But to do it for yourself? I was reading something about Meryl Streep, and Meryl was describing how she doesn't do any of that stuff, and that's great. Getting old is a natural thing. And you'd better embrace it, 'cos you've got no choice".
More Robert De Niro News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns