Robert De Niro Asks Aging Stars to Shun Cosmetic Surgery
Robert De Niro has called on his contemporaries to accept the aging process - and commends Meryl Streep for shunning cosmetic surgery. The legendary "Taxi Driver" 's actor is famous for his rugged features, and insists he would never contemplate going under the knife to rid his face of wrinkles.
And he is urging older stars to follow Streep's lead - by refusing to resort to medical procedures to retain their youthful looks. He tells Britain's The Times magazine, "It's so transparent (surgery). If you're doing a younger part in a story, say 15, 20 years younger, the audience will accept that, and you can do it in a very real way."
"But to do it for yourself? I was reading something about Meryl Streep, and Meryl was describing how she doesn't do any of that stuff, and that's great. Getting old is a natural thing. And you'd better embrace it, 'cos you've got no choice".
More Robert De Niro News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival