Robert De Niro Asks Aging Stars to Shun Cosmetic Surgery
Robert De Niro has called on his contemporaries to accept the aging process - and commends Meryl Streep for shunning cosmetic surgery. The legendary "Taxi Driver" 's actor is famous for his rugged features, and insists he would never contemplate going under the knife to rid his face of wrinkles.
And he is urging older stars to follow Streep's lead - by refusing to resort to medical procedures to retain their youthful looks. He tells Britain's The Times magazine, "It's so transparent (surgery). If you're doing a younger part in a story, say 15, 20 years younger, the audience will accept that, and you can do it in a very real way."
"But to do it for yourself? I was reading something about Meryl Streep, and Meryl was describing how she doesn't do any of that stuff, and that's great. Getting old is a natural thing. And you'd better embrace it, 'cos you've got no choice".
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App