Jay-Z Visits U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House
Rap superstar Jay-Z took some time out of his busy touring schedule on Wednesday, March 3 to meet with U.S. President Barack Obama. The "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker has been friends with the politician since throwing his support behind the Democrat's presidential election campaign in 2008.
The rapper recently revealed he had been invited to the White House, but was forced to decline the offer due to his hectic schedule. In February, Jay-Z revealed, "I've been invited to the White House a couple of times. Hopefully, we'll keep him in for eight years so I'll have time to get there."
The power meeting came sooner than expected - Jay-Z stopped by the White House on Wednesday, ahead of his concert in Washington, D.C. that night. But Jay-Z waited until the last few moments of his show at the city's Verizon Center to tell fans about his big day - and he wasn't giving much away. He told the audience, "I just came from the White House."
More Jay-Z News
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role