Jay-Z Visits U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House
Rap superstar Jay-Z took some time out of his busy touring schedule on Wednesday, March 3 to meet with U.S. President Barack Obama. The "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker has been friends with the politician since throwing his support behind the Democrat's presidential election campaign in 2008.
The rapper recently revealed he had been invited to the White House, but was forced to decline the offer due to his hectic schedule. In February, Jay-Z revealed, "I've been invited to the White House a couple of times. Hopefully, we'll keep him in for eight years so I'll have time to get there."
The power meeting came sooner than expected - Jay-Z stopped by the White House on Wednesday, ahead of his concert in Washington, D.C. that night. But Jay-Z waited until the last few moments of his show at the city's Verizon Center to tell fans about his big day - and he wasn't giving much away. He told the audience, "I just came from the White House."
More Jay-Z News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics