Jay-Z Visits U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House
Rap superstar Jay-Z took some time out of his busy touring schedule on Wednesday, March 3 to meet with U.S. President Barack Obama. The "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker has been friends with the politician since throwing his support behind the Democrat's presidential election campaign in 2008.
The rapper recently revealed he had been invited to the White House, but was forced to decline the offer due to his hectic schedule. In February, Jay-Z revealed, "I've been invited to the White House a couple of times. Hopefully, we'll keep him in for eight years so I'll have time to get there."
The power meeting came sooner than expected - Jay-Z stopped by the White House on Wednesday, ahead of his concert in Washington, D.C. that night. But Jay-Z waited until the last few moments of his show at the city's Verizon Center to tell fans about his big day - and he wasn't giving much away. He told the audience, "I just came from the White House."
More Jay-Z News
- Britney Spears Breaks Silence on Her Boyfriend Sam Asghari: 'He Is Really Cute'
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'