Jay-Z Visits U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House
Rap superstar Jay-Z took some time out of his busy touring schedule on Wednesday, March 3 to meet with U.S. President Barack Obama. The "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker has been friends with the politician since throwing his support behind the Democrat's presidential election campaign in 2008.
The rapper recently revealed he had been invited to the White House, but was forced to decline the offer due to his hectic schedule. In February, Jay-Z revealed, "I've been invited to the White House a couple of times. Hopefully, we'll keep him in for eight years so I'll have time to get there."
The power meeting came sooner than expected - Jay-Z stopped by the White House on Wednesday, ahead of his concert in Washington, D.C. that night. But Jay-Z waited until the last few moments of his show at the city's Verizon Center to tell fans about his big day - and he wasn't giving much away. He told the audience, "I just came from the White House."
More Jay-Z News
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'