Jay-Z Visits U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House
Rap superstar Jay-Z took some time out of his busy touring schedule on Wednesday, March 3 to meet with U.S. President Barack Obama. The "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker has been friends with the politician since throwing his support behind the Democrat's presidential election campaign in 2008.
The rapper recently revealed he had been invited to the White House, but was forced to decline the offer due to his hectic schedule. In February, Jay-Z revealed, "I've been invited to the White House a couple of times. Hopefully, we'll keep him in for eight years so I'll have time to get there."
The power meeting came sooner than expected - Jay-Z stopped by the White House on Wednesday, ahead of his concert in Washington, D.C. that night. But Jay-Z waited until the last few moments of his show at the city's Verizon Center to tell fans about his big day - and he wasn't giving much away. He told the audience, "I just came from the White House."
More Jay-Z News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal