James Cameron Doesn't Mind If Sacha Baron Cohen Spoofs 'Avatar' at Oscars
James Cameron has given Sacha Baron Cohen the green light to mock his blockbuster "Avatar" at the upcoming Oscars - despite Academy Award organizers scrapping the sketch over fears it would offend the director. Cohen was initially the favorite to host the annual bash on March 7, but bosses feared he would be too risque for American audiences, and opted for Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin instead.
But producers were keen for Cohen to bring some humor to the event, and asked him to present an award to one of the night's winners. However, after Oscar producers saw the ideas for his sketch, which reportedly included the comic dressing as a blue-skinned female "Avatar" creature who proclaims she is pregnant with Cameron's child, the skit was axed to save the director from embarrassment.
But the "Titanic" moviemaker is adamant he will take any joke aimed at his film in good spirits. He tells E!Online, "I don't know anything about that. I don't produce the Oscars. If they want to poke fun at 'Avatar' (on) Sunday, that's OK by me. The Oscars are a celebration of movies ... even the gaffes and out of bounds stuff are all part of the fun."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory