Sugababes Change Song's Lyrics to Discourage Young Fans From Drinking
British girl band Sugababes have changed the lyrics of a new song in a bid to discourage youngsters in the U.K. from binge drinking. The trio's track "She's a Mess", from their upcoming album "Sweet 7", was originally titled "I'm a Mess", but the group decided to change the words over fears it would encourage excessive alcohol consumption among influential teenagers.
Heidi Range tells Britain's Daily Star, "The original line was 'I'm such a mess' but we were worried we were encouraging binge drinking so we decided to change it. There are some lyrics that are quite cheeky but people shouldn't take them seriously."
The band's new album hits stores in the U.K. in late March after a controversial line-up change in 2009 - which saw founding member Keisha Buchanan axed from the group - pushed back the release by over six months.
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman