Sugababes Change Song's Lyrics to Discourage Young Fans From Drinking
British girl band Sugababes have changed the lyrics of a new song in a bid to discourage youngsters in the U.K. from binge drinking. The trio's track "She's a Mess", from their upcoming album "Sweet 7", was originally titled "I'm a Mess", but the group decided to change the words over fears it would encourage excessive alcohol consumption among influential teenagers.
Heidi Range tells Britain's Daily Star, "The original line was 'I'm such a mess' but we were worried we were encouraging binge drinking so we decided to change it. There are some lyrics that are quite cheeky but people shouldn't take them seriously."
The band's new album hits stores in the U.K. in late March after a controversial line-up change in 2009 - which saw founding member Keisha Buchanan axed from the group - pushed back the release by over six months.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered