Sugababes Change Song's Lyrics to Discourage Young Fans From Drinking
British girl band Sugababes have changed the lyrics of a new song in a bid to discourage youngsters in the U.K. from binge drinking. The trio's track "She's a Mess", from their upcoming album "Sweet 7", was originally titled "I'm a Mess", but the group decided to change the words over fears it would encourage excessive alcohol consumption among influential teenagers.
Heidi Range tells Britain's Daily Star, "The original line was 'I'm such a mess' but we were worried we were encouraging binge drinking so we decided to change it. There are some lyrics that are quite cheeky but people shouldn't take them seriously."
The band's new album hits stores in the U.K. in late March after a controversial line-up change in 2009 - which saw founding member Keisha Buchanan axed from the group - pushed back the release by over six months.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding