Sugababes Change Song's Lyrics to Discourage Young Fans From Drinking
British girl band Sugababes have changed the lyrics of a new song in a bid to discourage youngsters in the U.K. from binge drinking. The trio's track "She's a Mess", from their upcoming album "Sweet 7", was originally titled "I'm a Mess", but the group decided to change the words over fears it would encourage excessive alcohol consumption among influential teenagers.
Heidi Range tells Britain's Daily Star, "The original line was 'I'm such a mess' but we were worried we were encouraging binge drinking so we decided to change it. There are some lyrics that are quite cheeky but people shouldn't take them seriously."
The band's new album hits stores in the U.K. in late March after a controversial line-up change in 2009 - which saw founding member Keisha Buchanan axed from the group - pushed back the release by over six months.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip