Sugababes Change Song's Lyrics to Discourage Young Fans From Drinking
British girl band Sugababes have changed the lyrics of a new song in a bid to discourage youngsters in the U.K. from binge drinking. The trio's track "She's a Mess", from their upcoming album "Sweet 7", was originally titled "I'm a Mess", but the group decided to change the words over fears it would encourage excessive alcohol consumption among influential teenagers.
Heidi Range tells Britain's Daily Star, "The original line was 'I'm such a mess' but we were worried we were encouraging binge drinking so we decided to change it. There are some lyrics that are quite cheeky but people shouldn't take them seriously."
The band's new album hits stores in the U.K. in late March after a controversial line-up change in 2009 - which saw founding member Keisha Buchanan axed from the group - pushed back the release by over six months.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour