Oscars' Bosses Cancel Sacha Baron Cohen's Skit at the Event
Sacha Baron Cohen's planned sketch at Sunday's, March 7 Academy Awards ceremony has reportedly been scrapped - over fears it would offend Best Director nominee James Cameron. Producers fought to include the "Borat" star in the show after Oscar bosses declared him too outrageous to host the event, and he was eventually handed a slot presenting an award.
But it appears Baron Cohen's skit, which was to be acted out with comedian Ben Stiller, was cut by show organizer Bill Mechanic to spare Cameron's blushes. Baron Cohen had reportedly planned to appear onstage as a blue-skinned female "Avatar" creature, with Stiller translating his speech - only to reveal he is pregnant with Cameron's love child.
Cohen's rep tells NYMag, "I hate to use the term, because it's so ubiquitous, but there were creative differences." An Oscar insider also tells the website, "Let's just say that Cameron isn't known to be, shall we say, self-deprecating."
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards