Oscars' Bosses Cancel Sacha Baron Cohen's Skit at the Event
Sacha Baron Cohen's planned sketch at Sunday's, March 7 Academy Awards ceremony has reportedly been scrapped - over fears it would offend Best Director nominee James Cameron. Producers fought to include the "Borat" star in the show after Oscar bosses declared him too outrageous to host the event, and he was eventually handed a slot presenting an award.
But it appears Baron Cohen's skit, which was to be acted out with comedian Ben Stiller, was cut by show organizer Bill Mechanic to spare Cameron's blushes. Baron Cohen had reportedly planned to appear onstage as a blue-skinned female "Avatar" creature, with Stiller translating his speech - only to reveal he is pregnant with Cameron's love child.
Cohen's rep tells NYMag, "I hate to use the term, because it's so ubiquitous, but there were creative differences." An Oscar insider also tells the website, "Let's just say that Cameron isn't known to be, shall we say, self-deprecating."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby