Lady GaGa Has No One Inspiring Her After Alexander McQueen's Death
Lady GaGa is still reeling from the death of close friend Alexander McQueen, insisting she relied on the designer to inspire her. The "Poker Face" singer, who frequently wore McQueen's designs, was devastated after the style icon was found dead in his U.K. Apartment on February 11.
The pop star was among mourners who gathered in London to pay their last respects when McQueen was laid to rest in a private ceremony last week, on February 25. And she admits she is deeply saddened by the tragedy - because she counted on McQueen's creations to inspire her.
She tells U.K. TV host Jonathan Ross, "I feel left with nobody to inspire me any more. I'm an outcast from the music industry. I don't have any friends in the music business. People in Britain are the ones who've really been my friends."
But GaGa has vowed to continue wearing her outrageous costumes for her fans' sake, adding, "I would rather die than have my fans not see me in a pair of high heels. I'd never give up my wigs and hats for anything. You see legendary people taking out their trash - I think it's destroying showbusiness. I feel completely detached from the celebrity world. You never see me falling out of nightclubs."
McQueen was found hanged in his home and a post-mortem examination confirmed the 40-year-old died from asphyxiation.
More Lady GaGa News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked