Lady GaGa Has No One Inspiring Her After Alexander McQueen's Death
Lady GaGa is still reeling from the death of close friend Alexander McQueen, insisting she relied on the designer to inspire her. The "Poker Face" singer, who frequently wore McQueen's designs, was devastated after the style icon was found dead in his U.K. Apartment on February 11.
The pop star was among mourners who gathered in London to pay their last respects when McQueen was laid to rest in a private ceremony last week, on February 25. And she admits she is deeply saddened by the tragedy - because she counted on McQueen's creations to inspire her.
She tells U.K. TV host Jonathan Ross, "I feel left with nobody to inspire me any more. I'm an outcast from the music industry. I don't have any friends in the music business. People in Britain are the ones who've really been my friends."
But GaGa has vowed to continue wearing her outrageous costumes for her fans' sake, adding, "I would rather die than have my fans not see me in a pair of high heels. I'd never give up my wigs and hats for anything. You see legendary people taking out their trash - I think it's destroying showbusiness. I feel completely detached from the celebrity world. You never see me falling out of nightclubs."
McQueen was found hanged in his home and a post-mortem examination confirmed the 40-year-old died from asphyxiation.
More Lady GaGa News
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'