Manager: Burt Reynolds Is Feeling Great Post Heart Surgery
Veteran actor Burt Reynolds is recovering after undergoing major heart surgery last week. The 74-year-old Hollywood icon was admitted to a Florida hospital in February, where he underwent a quintuple bypass.
He is now resting at home with 24-hour nursing care, according to U.S. news show "Entertainment Tonight". Reynold's manager Erik Kritzer has dismissed reports the actor's operation was emergency surgery, insisting it had been scheduled weeks before.
However, he reveals the surgery was a success and claims the actor is already on the road to recovery. Kritzer tells WENN, "Mr. Reynolds has been released from a hospital in Florida in which he had a planned bypass operation."
"He wants to thank everyone for their good wishes and states that he has a great motor with brand new pipes and he is feeling great. Doctors plan on a speedy recovery. All reports that are implying he was rushed to a hospital are completely untrue as he has had this operation scheduled for over a month."
The news comes six months after Reynolds was admitted to rehab to complete a 30-day program for a prescription drug addiction after a nasty fall at his home in Hobe Sound. Reynold's rep claimed the actor sought professional help after having painful surgery on his back.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes