Manager: Burt Reynolds Is Feeling Great Post Heart Surgery
Veteran actor Burt Reynolds is recovering after undergoing major heart surgery last week. The 74-year-old Hollywood icon was admitted to a Florida hospital in February, where he underwent a quintuple bypass.
He is now resting at home with 24-hour nursing care, according to U.S. news show "Entertainment Tonight". Reynold's manager Erik Kritzer has dismissed reports the actor's operation was emergency surgery, insisting it had been scheduled weeks before.
However, he reveals the surgery was a success and claims the actor is already on the road to recovery. Kritzer tells WENN, "Mr. Reynolds has been released from a hospital in Florida in which he had a planned bypass operation."
"He wants to thank everyone for their good wishes and states that he has a great motor with brand new pipes and he is feeling great. Doctors plan on a speedy recovery. All reports that are implying he was rushed to a hospital are completely untrue as he has had this operation scheduled for over a month."
The news comes six months after Reynolds was admitted to rehab to complete a 30-day program for a prescription drug addiction after a nasty fall at his home in Hobe Sound. Reynold's rep claimed the actor sought professional help after having painful surgery on his back.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy