Lil Wayne's Sentencing Date Pushed Back to March 8
Prison-bound rapper Lil Wayne has another five days of freedom - his sentencing date has been pushed back to Monday, March 8 following a fire at the New York courthouse. The "Lollipop" hitmaker has faced a string of postponements ahead of his sentencing for weapons possession, stemming from a 2007 arrest.
The rapper was initially expected to be sentenced to a year behind bars during a court hearingin February, but he was granted a postponement to have dental surgery. The hearing at Manhattan Criminal Court was delayed again on Tuesday, March 2, when a blaze in the basement of the courthouse forced officials to evacuate the building and close it down for the rest of the day.
The court date was rescheduled for Wednesday, March 3, but officials at Manhattan District Attorney's Office still need more time to repair the courthouse and have now set the hearing for Monday, reports TMZ.com.
Meanwhile, recent report on the cause of the fire has been revealed by New York City Fire Department investigators. The report of the incident, which was released on Wednesday, mentions that "electrical wiring for temporary construction lighting in the basement" was responsible for the blaze.
More Lil Wayne News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage