Naomi Campbell Free From Criminal Charges
Supermodel Naomi Campbell will not face punishment for allegedly assaulting her chauffeur on Tuesday, March 2 - the driver has refused to press criminal charges. The British beauty was wanted for questioning by New York police after allegedly punching Miodrag Mejdina, the driver of a luxury SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle), leaving him with "bumps and bruises" following a confrontation in midtown Manhattan.
27-year-old Mejdrina contacted authorities after Campbell reportedly fled the scene of the alleged scuffle. In a statement released on Tuesday, March 2, Campbell's publicist, Jeff Raymond, insisted the star "will cooperate voluntarily" with cops, adding, "There shouldn't be a rush to judgment. Naomi will cooperate voluntarily, and there is more to the story than meets the eye."
But the chauffeur has now decided against pursuing his complaint and will not be pressing charges against Campbell. Police are continuing their investigation into the incident and filed a harassment report on Wednesday, March 3 after consulting with the district attorney's office, according to the Associated Press. However, the harassment claim carries no penalty and Campbell is not expected to be arrested.
It's not the first time Campbell has been accused of losing her temper - in 2008 she was handed a 200-hour community service sentence as punishment for assaulting two police officers onboard a British Airways flight at London's Heathrow Airport. In 2007, Campbell pleaded guilty to a charge of reckless assault against her former housekeeper.
More Naomi Campbell News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident