Naomi Campbell Free From Criminal Charges
Supermodel Naomi Campbell will not face punishment for allegedly assaulting her chauffeur on Tuesday, March 2 - the driver has refused to press criminal charges. The British beauty was wanted for questioning by New York police after allegedly punching Miodrag Mejdina, the driver of a luxury SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle), leaving him with "bumps and bruises" following a confrontation in midtown Manhattan.
27-year-old Mejdrina contacted authorities after Campbell reportedly fled the scene of the alleged scuffle. In a statement released on Tuesday, March 2, Campbell's publicist, Jeff Raymond, insisted the star "will cooperate voluntarily" with cops, adding, "There shouldn't be a rush to judgment. Naomi will cooperate voluntarily, and there is more to the story than meets the eye."
But the chauffeur has now decided against pursuing his complaint and will not be pressing charges against Campbell. Police are continuing their investigation into the incident and filed a harassment report on Wednesday, March 3 after consulting with the district attorney's office, according to the Associated Press. However, the harassment claim carries no penalty and Campbell is not expected to be arrested.
It's not the first time Campbell has been accused of losing her temper - in 2008 she was handed a 200-hour community service sentence as punishment for assaulting two police officers onboard a British Airways flight at London's Heathrow Airport. In 2007, Campbell pleaded guilty to a charge of reckless assault against her former housekeeper.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce