Christian Bale Not Speaking to Family Since 2008 Assault Case
Christian Bale has left his mother "heartbroken" after refusing to speak to his family since he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting her in 2008, according to the "Batman" star's sister. The 36-year-old was taken into custody by cops in July 2008 for allegedly assaulting his mother, Jenny, and sister, Sharon, at London's Dorchester Hotel before the British premiere of "The Dark Knight". He denied the charges and police later dropped the case.
Now 42-year-old Sharon admits she regrets calling cops to intervene in the incident - but was angry about Christian's erratic behavior after he lost his temper in front of her young children. She tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "I had an argument with him because he was totally out of order in front of my children. I'd had enough of the violent temper. There was a reason I called the police. It was his behavior. It flared up into a ridiculous thing and he has not spoken to us since. I regret going to the police. We don't speak any more. It's totally his decision and it makes us all very sad. My mother is heartbroken that he doesn't talk to us."
Mum-of-three Sharon filed for bankruptcy in Bournemouth, England on Tuesday, March 2, but refuses to turn to her movie star sibling to ask for financial help. She says, "Christian doesn't know about the bankruptcy. I wouldn't expect him to help. I started my own property investment company and made some mistakes. As hard as I work, I can't pay off my credit card debts. I hope my family will be able to stay in our home but I won't know until the bankruptcy order is officially filed."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia