Christian Bale Not Speaking to Family Since 2008 Assault Case
Christian Bale has left his mother "heartbroken" after refusing to speak to his family since he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting her in 2008, according to the "Batman" star's sister. The 36-year-old was taken into custody by cops in July 2008 for allegedly assaulting his mother, Jenny, and sister, Sharon, at London's Dorchester Hotel before the British premiere of "The Dark Knight". He denied the charges and police later dropped the case.
Now 42-year-old Sharon admits she regrets calling cops to intervene in the incident - but was angry about Christian's erratic behavior after he lost his temper in front of her young children. She tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "I had an argument with him because he was totally out of order in front of my children. I'd had enough of the violent temper. There was a reason I called the police. It was his behavior. It flared up into a ridiculous thing and he has not spoken to us since. I regret going to the police. We don't speak any more. It's totally his decision and it makes us all very sad. My mother is heartbroken that he doesn't talk to us."
Mum-of-three Sharon filed for bankruptcy in Bournemouth, England on Tuesday, March 2, but refuses to turn to her movie star sibling to ask for financial help. She says, "Christian doesn't know about the bankruptcy. I wouldn't expect him to help. I started my own property investment company and made some mistakes. As hard as I work, I can't pay off my credit card debts. I hope my family will be able to stay in our home but I won't know until the bankruptcy order is officially filed."
More Christian Bale News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal