Gemma Arterton Agreed to Play in 'Disappearance of Alice Creed' Due to Nude Scenes
British actress Gemma Arterton was quick to sign up for new movie "The Disappearance of Alice Creed" - because she was drawn to saucy scenes in the film. The "St Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold" star plays a young woman kidnapped by two ex-convicts in the movie, due for release in late 2010.
And it was the nude scenes which attracted Arterton to the role - even though her representatives feared the part was too risque. She tells GQ magazine, "It was made in a shed on the 'Isle of Man'. Film making at its purest: no money and no time. But really good actors and a really good script."
"There was a bit of resistance from some, wondering if it was a good idea for me to do this film. It's quite violent and there's nudity in it but that's why I wanted to do it."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding