Gemma Arterton Agreed to Play in 'Disappearance of Alice Creed' Due to Nude Scenes
British actress Gemma Arterton was quick to sign up for new movie "The Disappearance of Alice Creed" - because she was drawn to saucy scenes in the film. The "St Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold" star plays a young woman kidnapped by two ex-convicts in the movie, due for release in late 2010.
And it was the nude scenes which attracted Arterton to the role - even though her representatives feared the part was too risque. She tells GQ magazine, "It was made in a shed on the 'Isle of Man'. Film making at its purest: no money and no time. But really good actors and a really good script."
"There was a bit of resistance from some, wondering if it was a good idea for me to do this film. It's quite violent and there's nudity in it but that's why I wanted to do it."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes