'Pillars of the Earth' to Be Turned Into TV Series
Author Ken Follett's epic bestseller "Pillars of the Earth" is to be turned into an ambitious new TV series, starring Ian McShane, Rufus Sewell and Donald Sutherland. The eight-hour, $40 million "event" will premiere in the U.S. in summer.
Sergio Mimica-Gezzan will direct the project on location in Hungary and Austria. Matthew Macfadyen, Eddie Redmayne, Hayley Atwell, Sarah Parish and Alison Pill will also be part of the cast. And Follett has given the film his blessing, "I am delighted with the series of 'The Pillars of the Earth'."
The book was released to acclaim in 1989 and has since sold more than 14 million copies worldwide and been published in more than 30 languages. It was the 60th selection in Oprah Winfrey's Book Club.
More Ian McShane News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video