'Pillars of the Earth' to Be Turned Into TV Series
Author Ken Follett's epic bestseller "Pillars of the Earth" is to be turned into an ambitious new TV series, starring Ian McShane, Rufus Sewell and Donald Sutherland. The eight-hour, $40 million "event" will premiere in the U.S. in summer.
Sergio Mimica-Gezzan will direct the project on location in Hungary and Austria. Matthew Macfadyen, Eddie Redmayne, Hayley Atwell, Sarah Parish and Alison Pill will also be part of the cast. And Follett has given the film his blessing, "I am delighted with the series of 'The Pillars of the Earth'."
The book was released to acclaim in 1989 and has since sold more than 14 million copies worldwide and been published in more than 30 languages. It was the 60th selection in Oprah Winfrey's Book Club.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked