'Pillars of the Earth' to Be Turned Into TV Series
Author Ken Follett's epic bestseller "Pillars of the Earth" is to be turned into an ambitious new TV series, starring Ian McShane, Rufus Sewell and Donald Sutherland. The eight-hour, $40 million "event" will premiere in the U.S. in summer.
Sergio Mimica-Gezzan will direct the project on location in Hungary and Austria. Matthew Macfadyen, Eddie Redmayne, Hayley Atwell, Sarah Parish and Alison Pill will also be part of the cast. And Follett has given the film his blessing, "I am delighted with the series of 'The Pillars of the Earth'."
The book was released to acclaim in 1989 and has since sold more than 14 million copies worldwide and been published in more than 30 languages. It was the 60th selection in Oprah Winfrey's Book Club.
More Ian McShane News
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand