'Pillars of the Earth' to Be Turned Into TV Series
Author Ken Follett's epic bestseller "Pillars of the Earth" is to be turned into an ambitious new TV series, starring Ian McShane, Rufus Sewell and Donald Sutherland. The eight-hour, $40 million "event" will premiere in the U.S. in summer.
Sergio Mimica-Gezzan will direct the project on location in Hungary and Austria. Matthew Macfadyen, Eddie Redmayne, Hayley Atwell, Sarah Parish and Alison Pill will also be part of the cast. And Follett has given the film his blessing, "I am delighted with the series of 'The Pillars of the Earth'."
The book was released to acclaim in 1989 and has since sold more than 14 million copies worldwide and been published in more than 30 languages. It was the 60th selection in Oprah Winfrey's Book Club.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans