'Pillars of the Earth' to Be Turned Into TV Series
Author Ken Follett's epic bestseller "Pillars of the Earth" is to be turned into an ambitious new TV series, starring Ian McShane, Rufus Sewell and Donald Sutherland. The eight-hour, $40 million "event" will premiere in the U.S. in summer.
Sergio Mimica-Gezzan will direct the project on location in Hungary and Austria. Matthew Macfadyen, Eddie Redmayne, Hayley Atwell, Sarah Parish and Alison Pill will also be part of the cast. And Follett has given the film his blessing, "I am delighted with the series of 'The Pillars of the Earth'."
The book was released to acclaim in 1989 and has since sold more than 14 million copies worldwide and been published in more than 30 languages. It was the 60th selection in Oprah Winfrey's Book Club.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March