Lil Wayne to Be Sentenced to Prison on March 3
Lil Wayne will be sentenced to prison time on Wednesday, March 3 after a fire at a New York courtroom on Tuesday, March 2 delayed his hearing. The "Lollipop" hitmaker was initially expected to be sentenced to a year behind bars for weapons possession during a court hearing in February, but he was granted a postponement to have dental surgery.
The hearing was rescheduled for Tuesday, March 2 at Manhattan Criminal Court, but a blaze in the basement of the courthouse forced officials to evacuate the building and close it down for the rest of the day. Wayne was mid-flight when the incident happened and his lawyer alerted him to the postponement upon landing in the Big Apple. But he won't be free for much longer - the rapper's sentencing has been rescheduled for Wednesday.
The incident itself happened when the fire erupted in the basement at 10.29 A.M. local time, causing the courtrooms to fill with smoke and leading officials to evacuate the whole place, as TMZ reported. The fire was under control by 11.55 A.M.
More Lil Wayne News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed