Lil Wayne to Be Sentenced to Prison on March 3
Lil Wayne will be sentenced to prison time on Wednesday, March 3 after a fire at a New York courtroom on Tuesday, March 2 delayed his hearing. The "Lollipop" hitmaker was initially expected to be sentenced to a year behind bars for weapons possession during a court hearing in February, but he was granted a postponement to have dental surgery.
The hearing was rescheduled for Tuesday, March 2 at Manhattan Criminal Court, but a blaze in the basement of the courthouse forced officials to evacuate the building and close it down for the rest of the day. Wayne was mid-flight when the incident happened and his lawyer alerted him to the postponement upon landing in the Big Apple. But he won't be free for much longer - the rapper's sentencing has been rescheduled for Wednesday.
The incident itself happened when the fire erupted in the basement at 10.29 A.M. local time, causing the courtrooms to fill with smoke and leading officials to evacuate the whole place, as TMZ reported. The fire was under control by 11.55 A.M.
More Lil Wayne News
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'