Lil Wayne to Be Sentenced to Prison on March 3
Lil Wayne will be sentenced to prison time on Wednesday, March 3 after a fire at a New York courtroom on Tuesday, March 2 delayed his hearing. The "Lollipop" hitmaker was initially expected to be sentenced to a year behind bars for weapons possession during a court hearing in February, but he was granted a postponement to have dental surgery.
The hearing was rescheduled for Tuesday, March 2 at Manhattan Criminal Court, but a blaze in the basement of the courthouse forced officials to evacuate the building and close it down for the rest of the day. Wayne was mid-flight when the incident happened and his lawyer alerted him to the postponement upon landing in the Big Apple. But he won't be free for much longer - the rapper's sentencing has been rescheduled for Wednesday.
The incident itself happened when the fire erupted in the basement at 10.29 A.M. local time, causing the courtrooms to fill with smoke and leading officials to evacuate the whole place, as TMZ reported. The fire was under control by 11.55 A.M.
More Lil Wayne News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign