Colin Farrell Has No 'Heartbreak' of Having Disabled Child
Irish actor Colin Farrell suffered no "embarrassment or heartbreak" over his son's rare medical condition - insisting he doesn't even consider his child to be disabled. The movie star's six-year-old son James suffers from Angelman Syndrome, which affects his mobility, speech and development.
But despite the symptoms of the condition, Farrell insists he hardly notices until he sees the youngster playing with children his own age. Farrrell tells Britain's Live magazine, "The only time I'm reminded that there's something different about him, that he has some deviation from what's perceived to be normal, is when I see him with other kids his age. Then it comes back to me."
"But I've never thought of my son as being someone with a disability. From day one I felt that he's the way he's meant to be," the "Crazy Heart" actor explains. "Some of the best things that happen to you in life are unplanned, and that's what Jimmy (James) was. He was a gift. There's no embarrassment or heartbreak."
The actor is also grateful he has a movie star's bank balance - as it means he can afford the best treatment for his son. He adds, "Also having money is lovely - Jesus, I'm really lucky - because it allows me to pay for the physician and speech therapists Jimmy needs. I can pay for really good ones, the best. I'm afraid a lot of people whose children have conditions really struggle."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie