Oscars Organizers Do Not Blacklist Robert Pattinson From the Event
Academy Award organizers have assured "Twilight" fans Robert Pattinson was invited to the ceremony - but was unavailable to attend due to his busy filming schedule. Pattinson's co-stars Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner have been confirmed as award presenters at the event on Sunday, March 7, prompting fans of the vampire franchise to lash out at Oscar bosses for seemingly snubbing the star.
But Oscar co-producer Adam Shankman insists he tried desperately to persuade Pattinson to be a part of the show. Shankman tells E! Online, "I think the Pattinson community (fans) is going insane. All I want to say is, 'He's not available!' It's not like we snubbed him. It's not like we said no to him. We asked him to be in the show."
He continues, "We tried really really hard to get him there. We were working on getting (film studio) Summit to fly him in for the day, but eventually it became too much."
Pattinson is currently promoting new drama "Remember Me" and shooting scenes for upcoming movie "Bel Ami" in Europe.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction