Oscars Organizers Do Not Blacklist Robert Pattinson From the Event
Academy Award organizers have assured "Twilight" fans Robert Pattinson was invited to the ceremony - but was unavailable to attend due to his busy filming schedule. Pattinson's co-stars Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner have been confirmed as award presenters at the event on Sunday, March 7, prompting fans of the vampire franchise to lash out at Oscar bosses for seemingly snubbing the star.
But Oscar co-producer Adam Shankman insists he tried desperately to persuade Pattinson to be a part of the show. Shankman tells E! Online, "I think the Pattinson community (fans) is going insane. All I want to say is, 'He's not available!' It's not like we snubbed him. It's not like we said no to him. We asked him to be in the show."
He continues, "We tried really really hard to get him there. We were working on getting (film studio) Summit to fly him in for the day, but eventually it became too much."
Pattinson is currently promoting new drama "Remember Me" and shooting scenes for upcoming movie "Bel Ami" in Europe.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked