Oscars Organizers Do Not Blacklist Robert Pattinson From the Event
Academy Award organizers have assured "Twilight" fans Robert Pattinson was invited to the ceremony - but was unavailable to attend due to his busy filming schedule. Pattinson's co-stars Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner have been confirmed as award presenters at the event on Sunday, March 7, prompting fans of the vampire franchise to lash out at Oscar bosses for seemingly snubbing the star.
But Oscar co-producer Adam Shankman insists he tried desperately to persuade Pattinson to be a part of the show. Shankman tells E! Online, "I think the Pattinson community (fans) is going insane. All I want to say is, 'He's not available!' It's not like we snubbed him. It's not like we said no to him. We asked him to be in the show."
He continues, "We tried really really hard to get him there. We were working on getting (film studio) Summit to fly him in for the day, but eventually it became too much."
Pattinson is currently promoting new drama "Remember Me" and shooting scenes for upcoming movie "Bel Ami" in Europe.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video