Oscars Organizers Do Not Blacklist Robert Pattinson From the Event
Academy Award organizers have assured "Twilight" fans Robert Pattinson was invited to the ceremony - but was unavailable to attend due to his busy filming schedule. Pattinson's co-stars Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner have been confirmed as award presenters at the event on Sunday, March 7, prompting fans of the vampire franchise to lash out at Oscar bosses for seemingly snubbing the star.
But Oscar co-producer Adam Shankman insists he tried desperately to persuade Pattinson to be a part of the show. Shankman tells E! Online, "I think the Pattinson community (fans) is going insane. All I want to say is, 'He's not available!' It's not like we snubbed him. It's not like we said no to him. We asked him to be in the show."
He continues, "We tried really really hard to get him there. We were working on getting (film studio) Summit to fly him in for the day, but eventually it became too much."
Pattinson is currently promoting new drama "Remember Me" and shooting scenes for upcoming movie "Bel Ami" in Europe.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower