Widower Will Not Miss Brittany Murphy's Tribute at Oscars
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack will attend Sunday night's, March 7, Academy Awards to honor his late wife's memory. The 32-year-old actress passed away on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.
Academy bosses have personally invited Monjack to the Oscars, so he can be in the audience when they pay tribute to Murphy among the stars who have passed away. He tells EOnline.com, "I have been honored by an invitation to the Academy Awards, which I am very grateful for. They will include Brittany in their In Memoriam tribute, along with some of the other gifted actors that died this year."
Monjack plans to take Murphy's grieving mum, Sharon, as his guest, but he fears she may not be well enough to attend the Oscars. He adds, "I hope Sharon can attend, but her presence will be dictated by her health and that's a decision that will be made nearer the day. I only wish I were attending under different circumstances, but I know Brittany would want to be represented there."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season