Widower Will Not Miss Brittany Murphy's Tribute at Oscars
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack will attend Sunday night's, March 7, Academy Awards to honor his late wife's memory. The 32-year-old actress passed away on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.
Academy bosses have personally invited Monjack to the Oscars, so he can be in the audience when they pay tribute to Murphy among the stars who have passed away. He tells EOnline.com, "I have been honored by an invitation to the Academy Awards, which I am very grateful for. They will include Brittany in their In Memoriam tribute, along with some of the other gifted actors that died this year."
Monjack plans to take Murphy's grieving mum, Sharon, as his guest, but he fears she may not be well enough to attend the Oscars. He adds, "I hope Sharon can attend, but her presence will be dictated by her health and that's a decision that will be made nearer the day. I only wish I were attending under different circumstances, but I know Brittany would want to be represented there."
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified