Widower Will Not Miss Brittany Murphy's Tribute at Oscars
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack will attend Sunday night's, March 7, Academy Awards to honor his late wife's memory. The 32-year-old actress passed away on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.
Academy bosses have personally invited Monjack to the Oscars, so he can be in the audience when they pay tribute to Murphy among the stars who have passed away. He tells EOnline.com, "I have been honored by an invitation to the Academy Awards, which I am very grateful for. They will include Brittany in their In Memoriam tribute, along with some of the other gifted actors that died this year."
Monjack plans to take Murphy's grieving mum, Sharon, as his guest, but he fears she may not be well enough to attend the Oscars. He adds, "I hope Sharon can attend, but her presence will be dictated by her health and that's a decision that will be made nearer the day. I only wish I were attending under different circumstances, but I know Brittany would want to be represented there."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'