Marie Osmond and Michael Blosil Were Upbeat, Friend Reveals
Marie Osmond always hoped her troubled son Michael Blosil would be able to shrug off his problems - and she was stunned when he allegedly took his own life on Friday, February 26, according to her friend Mary Hart. The 18-year-old's body was found on the street outside his Los Angeles home on Friday evening, after he reportedly fell from the apartment building.
Officials are said to be treating Blosil's death as suicide. Osmond canceled her upcoming appearances in her Las Vegas revue with her brother Donny after hearing of her adopted son's death, and released a statement asking for privacy in the light of the tragic events. The singer's close pal, "Entertainment Tonight" host Mary Hart, has now opened up about how Osmond is dealing with the loss, insisting she is "finding solace in her faith and her family."
She tells CBS' "The Early Show", "You can bet she has loving arms around her. The Osmonds are a very close-knit family and, in times of loss or tragedy, they support each other and really band together as a family, and in love." Hart reveals Blosil, who is said to have suffered from depression, endured several stints in rehab over the years, but seemed to be enjoying his time at fashion college in L.A. before his sudden death.
She adds, "He had struggled. He had been in and out of rehab. And, Marie, always looking for the silver lining, had always hoped for the best. I've seen him throughout the years, but on this particular day (a month ago, when I last saw him), he and Marie were so excited about him attending the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in L.A. They were upbeat, and he was very happy, and seemed to be looking toward the future."
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake