Mom Hopes Simon Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy to Wed in Britain Church
Simon Cowell's mother has urged the music mogul to wed in his native Britain - to please his local reverend. The "American Idol" star sparked speculation he had proposed to Mezhgan Hussainy after she was snapped sporting a diamond band on her ring finger following an intimate Valentine's Day date.
The Brit's longtime publicist Max Clifford later insisted the stories were false, but Cowell's mother, Julie, remains adamant the pair is to marry. And now she's opened up about her dreams for the big day - she wants Cowell to leave his adopted Los Angeles and marry in East Sussex, England, where he grew up.
She tells Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper, "I'm very excited about the wedding and I'd love him to get married in St Margaret's (church). But it's up to him and Mezhgan. I've told Simon, Father Martin Morgan would be very happy if he got married there as we have a long history with the church. Simon is very committed for the first time ever which is wonderful. The wedding is very important to me."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance