Leona Lewis Plants a Tree for Her Every Flight
Leona Lewis is making sure her jet-setting music career doesn't harm the environment - the singer plants a tree every time she makes a journey by plane. The "Bleeding Love" star is a keen supporter of green causes, and admits she feels guilty when she traverses the globe to promote her music.
So she has vowed to keep count of all the flights she takes so she can plant a sapling for each journey. She tells Britain's News of the World newspaper, "It's not about saying to people you can't get on a plane. I travel all the time. But I plant a tree every time I've been on a plane to counter-balance the effects."
The third season winner of "The X Factor" continues, "I try to do as much as I can, especially when I'm away. I rent hybrid cars. I'm conscious about lights and energy saving. I've always switched the lights off when I'm not in a room since I was a child."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son