Leona Lewis Plants a Tree for Her Every Flight
Leona Lewis is making sure her jet-setting music career doesn't harm the environment - the singer plants a tree every time she makes a journey by plane. The "Bleeding Love" star is a keen supporter of green causes, and admits she feels guilty when she traverses the globe to promote her music.
So she has vowed to keep count of all the flights she takes so she can plant a sapling for each journey. She tells Britain's News of the World newspaper, "It's not about saying to people you can't get on a plane. I travel all the time. But I plant a tree every time I've been on a plane to counter-balance the effects."
The third season winner of "The X Factor" continues, "I try to do as much as I can, especially when I'm away. I rent hybrid cars. I'm conscious about lights and energy saving. I've always switched the lights off when I'm not in a room since I was a child."
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle