Leona Lewis Plants a Tree for Her Every Flight
Leona Lewis is making sure her jet-setting music career doesn't harm the environment - the singer plants a tree every time she makes a journey by plane. The "Bleeding Love" star is a keen supporter of green causes, and admits she feels guilty when she traverses the globe to promote her music.
So she has vowed to keep count of all the flights she takes so she can plant a sapling for each journey. She tells Britain's News of the World newspaper, "It's not about saying to people you can't get on a plane. I travel all the time. But I plant a tree every time I've been on a plane to counter-balance the effects."
The third season winner of "The X Factor" continues, "I try to do as much as I can, especially when I'm away. I rent hybrid cars. I'm conscious about lights and energy saving. I've always switched the lights off when I'm not in a room since I was a child."
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo