Leona Lewis Plants a Tree for Her Every Flight
Leona Lewis is making sure her jet-setting music career doesn't harm the environment - the singer plants a tree every time she makes a journey by plane. The "Bleeding Love" star is a keen supporter of green causes, and admits she feels guilty when she traverses the globe to promote her music.
So she has vowed to keep count of all the flights she takes so she can plant a sapling for each journey. She tells Britain's News of the World newspaper, "It's not about saying to people you can't get on a plane. I travel all the time. But I plant a tree every time I've been on a plane to counter-balance the effects."
The third season winner of "The X Factor" continues, "I try to do as much as I can, especially when I'm away. I rent hybrid cars. I'm conscious about lights and energy saving. I've always switched the lights off when I'm not in a room since I was a child."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered