'Average' Gemma Arterton Confused by Her Sexy Image
British actress Gemma Arterton can't understand her pin-up status - because the former "Bond" girl is convinced she's "average" looking. The 24-year-old shot to stardom with her role opposite Daniel Craig in 2008's "Quantum of Solace", and she has since been included in various polls of the world's sexiest women.
But Arterton is baffled by her sexy status, because she was once deemed "not hot enough" for "007". She tells Britain's GQ magazine, "In comparison to many actresses, I think I'm really average. When I got the 'Bond' film there was a big hoo-ha (fuss) about me not being hot enough. I have to say I agree. I don't think I'm in that realm."
Arterton admits she found it hard to watch herself onscreen alongside Ukrainian beauty Olga Kurylenko, but she's adamant her "average" looks give her an advantage against more attractive stars. She adds, "There are some really beautiful actresses, like Olga Kurylenko, who find it difficult. It's frustrating for her but she's so beautiful... you have to take that into consideration when you're casting her. Whereas I can change my look."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby