'Average' Gemma Arterton Confused by Her Sexy Image
British actress Gemma Arterton can't understand her pin-up status - because the former "Bond" girl is convinced she's "average" looking. The 24-year-old shot to stardom with her role opposite Daniel Craig in 2008's "Quantum of Solace", and she has since been included in various polls of the world's sexiest women.
But Arterton is baffled by her sexy status, because she was once deemed "not hot enough" for "007". She tells Britain's GQ magazine, "In comparison to many actresses, I think I'm really average. When I got the 'Bond' film there was a big hoo-ha (fuss) about me not being hot enough. I have to say I agree. I don't think I'm in that realm."
Arterton admits she found it hard to watch herself onscreen alongside Ukrainian beauty Olga Kurylenko, but she's adamant her "average" looks give her an advantage against more attractive stars. She adds, "There are some really beautiful actresses, like Olga Kurylenko, who find it difficult. It's frustrating for her but she's so beautiful... you have to take that into consideration when you're casting her. Whereas I can change my look."
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami