'Average' Gemma Arterton Confused by Her Sexy Image
British actress Gemma Arterton can't understand her pin-up status - because the former "Bond" girl is convinced she's "average" looking. The 24-year-old shot to stardom with her role opposite Daniel Craig in 2008's "Quantum of Solace", and she has since been included in various polls of the world's sexiest women.
But Arterton is baffled by her sexy status, because she was once deemed "not hot enough" for "007". She tells Britain's GQ magazine, "In comparison to many actresses, I think I'm really average. When I got the 'Bond' film there was a big hoo-ha (fuss) about me not being hot enough. I have to say I agree. I don't think I'm in that realm."
Arterton admits she found it hard to watch herself onscreen alongside Ukrainian beauty Olga Kurylenko, but she's adamant her "average" looks give her an advantage against more attractive stars. She adds, "There are some really beautiful actresses, like Olga Kurylenko, who find it difficult. It's frustrating for her but she's so beautiful... you have to take that into consideration when you're casting her. Whereas I can change my look."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent