'Average' Gemma Arterton Confused by Her Sexy Image
British actress Gemma Arterton can't understand her pin-up status - because the former "Bond" girl is convinced she's "average" looking. The 24-year-old shot to stardom with her role opposite Daniel Craig in 2008's "Quantum of Solace", and she has since been included in various polls of the world's sexiest women.
But Arterton is baffled by her sexy status, because she was once deemed "not hot enough" for "007". She tells Britain's GQ magazine, "In comparison to many actresses, I think I'm really average. When I got the 'Bond' film there was a big hoo-ha (fuss) about me not being hot enough. I have to say I agree. I don't think I'm in that realm."
Arterton admits she found it hard to watch herself onscreen alongside Ukrainian beauty Olga Kurylenko, but she's adamant her "average" looks give her an advantage against more attractive stars. She adds, "There are some really beautiful actresses, like Olga Kurylenko, who find it difficult. It's frustrating for her but she's so beautiful... you have to take that into consideration when you're casting her. Whereas I can change my look."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'