Ewan McGregor to Take a Break From Acting for Bike Adventure
Ewan McGregor is planning to take a break from his movie career to head out on another round-the-world motorbike trip. The "Trainspotting" star teamed up with his pal Charley Boorman for a marathon motorcycle trip in 2004. The pair spent four months on the road traveling from London to New York and covered a cumulative distance of 22,345 miles.
They filmed the trip for their "Long Way Round" television series, which also spawned a bestselling book of the same name. Now McGregor wants to do it all again - he's planning more adventures for summer after a family vacation with his wife, Eve Mavrakis, and their children.
He says, "I've done a lot of hard work recently and I admit that after a burst of intense creativity I've got a bit of wanderlust. I've still got the bike and it's now got a sidecar on it, so I'll take my dog Sid along with me this time. I want to have our summer holidays as a family and then I'd like to get going. It would be a fantastic thing to do. It'll be good to get my leathers and my goggles on again."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'