Ewan McGregor to Take a Break From Acting for Bike Adventure
Ewan McGregor is planning to take a break from his movie career to head out on another round-the-world motorbike trip. The "Trainspotting" star teamed up with his pal Charley Boorman for a marathon motorcycle trip in 2004. The pair spent four months on the road traveling from London to New York and covered a cumulative distance of 22,345 miles.
They filmed the trip for their "Long Way Round" television series, which also spawned a bestselling book of the same name. Now McGregor wants to do it all again - he's planning more adventures for summer after a family vacation with his wife, Eve Mavrakis, and their children.
He says, "I've done a lot of hard work recently and I admit that after a burst of intense creativity I've got a bit of wanderlust. I've still got the bike and it's now got a sidecar on it, so I'll take my dog Sid along with me this time. I want to have our summer holidays as a family and then I'd like to get going. It would be a fantastic thing to do. It'll be good to get my leathers and my goggles on again."
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'