Ewan McGregor to Take a Break From Acting for Bike Adventure
Ewan McGregor is planning to take a break from his movie career to head out on another round-the-world motorbike trip. The "Trainspotting" star teamed up with his pal Charley Boorman for a marathon motorcycle trip in 2004. The pair spent four months on the road traveling from London to New York and covered a cumulative distance of 22,345 miles.
They filmed the trip for their "Long Way Round" television series, which also spawned a bestselling book of the same name. Now McGregor wants to do it all again - he's planning more adventures for summer after a family vacation with his wife, Eve Mavrakis, and their children.
He says, "I've done a lot of hard work recently and I admit that after a burst of intense creativity I've got a bit of wanderlust. I've still got the bike and it's now got a sidecar on it, so I'll take my dog Sid along with me this time. I want to have our summer holidays as a family and then I'd like to get going. It would be a fantastic thing to do. It'll be good to get my leathers and my goggles on again."
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event