Leona Lewis Urges People to Support Earth Hour Campaign
British pop star Leona Lewis is campaigning to save the planet - she's backing the latest Earth Hour drive, which encourages the public to switch off all lights for 60 minutes. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker has thrown her support behind the scheme and she's hoping a billion followers across the world will pledge to cut their power for an hour on March 27 to remind politicians of the importance of climate change.
Lewis says, "You see these films about natural disasters and they are all Hollywood and crazy - but actually they are not that far from the truth about what is going to happen to the planet in generations to come. Something is happening and it's going to really affect us if we don't do something about it. My children will be affected, I think about that all the time. I've been asking everyone to switch off the lights. Campaigns like this really help and are effective. It's about getting the message out."
In 2009, Earth Hour saw the lights on famous monuments around the world switched off, including London's Big Ben clock tower and the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting