Leona Lewis Urges People to Support Earth Hour Campaign
British pop star Leona Lewis is campaigning to save the planet - she's backing the latest Earth Hour drive, which encourages the public to switch off all lights for 60 minutes. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker has thrown her support behind the scheme and she's hoping a billion followers across the world will pledge to cut their power for an hour on March 27 to remind politicians of the importance of climate change.
Lewis says, "You see these films about natural disasters and they are all Hollywood and crazy - but actually they are not that far from the truth about what is going to happen to the planet in generations to come. Something is happening and it's going to really affect us if we don't do something about it. My children will be affected, I think about that all the time. I've been asking everyone to switch off the lights. Campaigns like this really help and are effective. It's about getting the message out."
In 2009, Earth Hour saw the lights on famous monuments around the world switched off, including London's Big Ben clock tower and the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?