Leona Lewis Urges People to Support Earth Hour Campaign
British pop star Leona Lewis is campaigning to save the planet - she's backing the latest Earth Hour drive, which encourages the public to switch off all lights for 60 minutes. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker has thrown her support behind the scheme and she's hoping a billion followers across the world will pledge to cut their power for an hour on March 27 to remind politicians of the importance of climate change.
Lewis says, "You see these films about natural disasters and they are all Hollywood and crazy - but actually they are not that far from the truth about what is going to happen to the planet in generations to come. Something is happening and it's going to really affect us if we don't do something about it. My children will be affected, I think about that all the time. I've been asking everyone to switch off the lights. Campaigns like this really help and are effective. It's about getting the message out."
In 2009, Earth Hour saw the lights on famous monuments around the world switched off, including London's Big Ben clock tower and the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...