Leona Lewis Urges People to Support Earth Hour Campaign
British pop star Leona Lewis is campaigning to save the planet - she's backing the latest Earth Hour drive, which encourages the public to switch off all lights for 60 minutes. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker has thrown her support behind the scheme and she's hoping a billion followers across the world will pledge to cut their power for an hour on March 27 to remind politicians of the importance of climate change.
Lewis says, "You see these films about natural disasters and they are all Hollywood and crazy - but actually they are not that far from the truth about what is going to happen to the planet in generations to come. Something is happening and it's going to really affect us if we don't do something about it. My children will be affected, I think about that all the time. I've been asking everyone to switch off the lights. Campaigns like this really help and are effective. It's about getting the message out."
In 2009, Earth Hour saw the lights on famous monuments around the world switched off, including London's Big Ben clock tower and the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments