Matt Damon to Pass 'Bourne' to Russell Crowe or Denzel Washington
Matt Damon is contemplating stepping down from the "Bourne" action franchise and passing the role on to Russell Crowe or Denzel Washington - because he's convinced that's the only way the brand can continue. The actor is in talks to reprise his Jason Bourne character for the fourth time, but he is hesitant to pledge his commitment to the "Bourne" series after director Paul Greengrass announced his departure from the spy series in 2009.
Discussing the rumors of another installment, Damon tells the New York Daily News, "If Paul Greengrass does it and we have something to say, definitely." But Damon admits his time as Bourne may be coming to an end - because he thinks the franchise would work better if it evolved to introduce new actors into the lead role.
And the Hollywood star already has a few of his peers in mind. He says, "I think the way to extend the franchise is to create a 'Bourne identity' that different actors can take on. I could pass the identity to Russell Crowe or Denzel Washington or Ryan Gosling."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo