Marie Osmond's Son Killed Himself
Marie Osmond is in mourning following the apparent suicide of her son Michael Blosil. The 18-year-old, who was adopted as a baby by Osmond and her ex-husband Brian Blosil, was found dead on the street outside his apartment building in Los Angeles on Friday evening, February 26.
Blosil, who had a long history of depression, is believed to have jumped to his death from a window on the eighth floor. Osmond has released a statement confirming the sad news, "My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time."
Osmond pulled out of a performance with her brother Donny at the Flamingo resort in Las Vegas on Saturday night, February 27, and her famous sibling has released his own statement about the tragic event, asking fans to "pray for my sister and her family." A representative for the Flamingo reveals it is unclear how long the singing siblings' residency will be put on hold while Osmond comes to terms with the loss of her son.
Officials at the Los Angeles Police Department have launched an investigation into Blosil's death and an autopsy has been scheduled for Sunday, February 28, according to TMZ.com. Osmond is mother to seven other children, a son from her first marriage to Stephen Craig, two biological kids with Brian Blosil and four others who were adopted.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting