Marie Osmond's Son Killed Himself
Marie Osmond is in mourning following the apparent suicide of her son Michael Blosil. The 18-year-old, who was adopted as a baby by Osmond and her ex-husband Brian Blosil, was found dead on the street outside his apartment building in Los Angeles on Friday evening, February 26.
Blosil, who had a long history of depression, is believed to have jumped to his death from a window on the eighth floor. Osmond has released a statement confirming the sad news, "My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time."
Osmond pulled out of a performance with her brother Donny at the Flamingo resort in Las Vegas on Saturday night, February 27, and her famous sibling has released his own statement about the tragic event, asking fans to "pray for my sister and her family." A representative for the Flamingo reveals it is unclear how long the singing siblings' residency will be put on hold while Osmond comes to terms with the loss of her son.
Officials at the Los Angeles Police Department have launched an investigation into Blosil's death and an autopsy has been scheduled for Sunday, February 28, according to TMZ.com. Osmond is mother to seven other children, a son from her first marriage to Stephen Craig, two biological kids with Brian Blosil and four others who were adopted.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle