May 30, 2016  

Prince's 2.3 Million Dollars Concert Lawsuit Settled

February 27, 2010 (4:27 am) GMT
Following the lawsuit which is filed by promotions company MCD's bosses against Prince after he canceled his Ireland concert, the star's reps agree to settle the case out of court.

Pop superstar has settled a lawsuit over a canceled concert in Ireland. The musician was hit with a $2.3 million suit after he reportedly pulled out of a show at Dublin's Croke Park in June 2008 just 10 days before the event.

Bosses at promotions company MCD were seeking compensation for financial loss and damage to commercial reputation from Prince, full name Prince Rogers Nelson, as well as his agents at the California-based William Morris Endeavor Entertainment. The case went before a judge at Dublin's Commercial Court on Tuesday, February 23, and the star's representatives agreed to settle the case out of court on Friday, February 16.

Details of the settlement were not disclosed. The judge overseeing the case, Justice Peter Kelly, asked the star's attorney, Paul Sreenan, if the settlement had been "confirmed" and if so, did the word confirmed "in Prince speak mean the same as it means in English?" - referring to an email sent by the singer's assistant which confirmed the Dublin show would go ahead.

MCD promoter Denis Desmond said he was "delighted" with the result, according to the Irish Times.

More Prince News

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
  2. Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
  3. Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
  4. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
  5. Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
  6. Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
  7. Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
  8. 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns