Brittany Murphy's Widower Relieved After Reading Her Toxicology Report
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack is relieved to have finally read the toxicology assessment following his wife's death, insisting the report clears the star's name. The 32-year-old "Clueless" actress passed away on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.
The tragedy was ruled accidental by officials at the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office in early February, with pneumonia listed as the primary cause of death. Anaemia and "multiple drug intoxication" were also stated as contributing factors, and officials released Murphy's toxicology report on Thursday, February 25, identifying all the drugs in her system.
The report stated the star had only been taking medications to treat what she believed was a bout of influenza and she had "no history of alcohol or drug abuse." Monjack admits he couldn't hold back the tears when reading the report - but he's happy the documents prove his wife was not abusing illegal substances before her untimely death.
He tells US Weekly magazine, "(I) sobbed and sobbed (when I read the report). I haven't gotten out of bed yet. She never did anything that she was accused of! We never hid anything. And that's been the case with everything in our marriage."
"Our marriage was dogged by these ridiculous rumors. Brittany's life was dogged by ridiculous rumors, and the truth always wins out. I hope people have the sense to really understand that everything was beautiful and wonderful in our relationship and so pure."
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress