Brittany Murphy's Widower Relieved After Reading Her Toxicology Report
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack is relieved to have finally read the toxicology assessment following his wife's death, insisting the report clears the star's name. The 32-year-old "Clueless" actress passed away on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.
The tragedy was ruled accidental by officials at the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office in early February, with pneumonia listed as the primary cause of death. Anaemia and "multiple drug intoxication" were also stated as contributing factors, and officials released Murphy's toxicology report on Thursday, February 25, identifying all the drugs in her system.
The report stated the star had only been taking medications to treat what she believed was a bout of influenza and she had "no history of alcohol or drug abuse." Monjack admits he couldn't hold back the tears when reading the report - but he's happy the documents prove his wife was not abusing illegal substances before her untimely death.
He tells US Weekly magazine, "(I) sobbed and sobbed (when I read the report). I haven't gotten out of bed yet. She never did anything that she was accused of! We never hid anything. And that's been the case with everything in our marriage."
"Our marriage was dogged by these ridiculous rumors. Brittany's life was dogged by ridiculous rumors, and the truth always wins out. I hope people have the sense to really understand that everything was beautiful and wonderful in our relationship and so pure."
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes