Jay-Z to Have Lily Allen Opening His U.K. Festival Show
Rap superstar Jay-Z has kept his promise to put Lily Allen's imminent retirement from pop on hiatus - the singer has confirmed she will open for the rapper at a top U.K. music festival in summer. The hip-hop mogul recently admitted he'd like to collaborate with the "Smile" singer before she steps out of the music industry in March.
And although Allen previously insisted she will be focusing on fashion ventures after completing her tour with Dizzee Rascal next month, Jay-Z has persuaded her to perform one more gig - at London's Wireless festival in July. The singer insists teaming up with the "99 Problems" hitmaker is the perfect end to her pop career.
She says, "I was very flattered to hear that Jay-Z wanted me to support him at Wireless and, combined with my dates in March with Dizzee Rascal, I am excited to end my current string of live shows in such prestigious company."
In a post on her Twitter.com page, she adds, "I'm slightly delaying my retirement till June (sic). My last gig will be supporting Jay-Z at Wireless in London." Allen's last stage performance will come on America's Independence Day, July 4.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic