Andrew Koenig's Dad: My Son Took His Own Life
Troubled Andrew Koenig committed suicide, according to his "Star Trek" actor dad Walter Koenig. The body of the former "Growing Pains" star was found in Vancouver, Canada on Thursday afternoon, February 25. He was last seen during a trip to the city on February 14, and was reported missing by a friend after failing to show up for his flight home to Los Angeles two days later.
His parents issued an emotional plea to the 41 year old during a police press conference on Wednesday, when they begged Andrew to get in touch. But their worst fears were confirmed when friends of the actor discovered his body in Vancouver's Stanley Park.
Vancouver authorities held a press conference on Thursday just hours after the discovery, during which a police spokesperson revealed they had no reason to believe foul play was involved in Koenig's death. And Andrew's father Walter fears his son's battle with depression led him to take his own life. Speaking to reporters, he said, "I went to the site. My son took his own life."
Walter and his wife Judy want to use the tragic news to warn other parents to seek help if they believe their child is struggling with their personal demons. He adds, "The only thing I want to say is... for those families who have members they fear are susceptible to this kind of behavior, don't ignore it, don't rationalize it."
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!