Andrew Koenig's Dad: My Son Took His Own Life
Troubled Andrew Koenig committed suicide, according to his "Star Trek" actor dad Walter Koenig. The body of the former "Growing Pains" star was found in Vancouver, Canada on Thursday afternoon, February 25. He was last seen during a trip to the city on February 14, and was reported missing by a friend after failing to show up for his flight home to Los Angeles two days later.
His parents issued an emotional plea to the 41 year old during a police press conference on Wednesday, when they begged Andrew to get in touch. But their worst fears were confirmed when friends of the actor discovered his body in Vancouver's Stanley Park.
Vancouver authorities held a press conference on Thursday just hours after the discovery, during which a police spokesperson revealed they had no reason to believe foul play was involved in Koenig's death. And Andrew's father Walter fears his son's battle with depression led him to take his own life. Speaking to reporters, he said, "I went to the site. My son took his own life."
Walter and his wife Judy want to use the tragic news to warn other parents to seek help if they believe their child is struggling with their personal demons. He adds, "The only thing I want to say is... for those families who have members they fear are susceptible to this kind of behavior, don't ignore it, don't rationalize it."
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video