Paris Hilton's Beer Ad Becomes Controversy
An advert featuring Paris Hilton has sparked controversy in Brazil - a government official for women's affairs is calling for the commercial to be removed due to its sexist undertones. In the advert, the socialite can be seen sexually rubbing a can of Devassa beer on herself in an office building as passers-by stare at her antics.
But despite being fully clothed throughout the ad, officials at Brazil's Women's Secretariat reveal authorities have received several complaints about the "sensual nature" of the campaign. A representative tells the Associated Press, "It's an ad that devalues women - in particular, blonde women. The problem with the ad isn't a lack of clothing, but its sensual nature. A woman in a bikini on a beach isn't necessarily sensual; it depends on the context."
Three separate investigations have been launched by Brazil's advertising watchdog to decide whether the commercial should be banned.
More Paris Hilton News
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick