Paris Hilton's Beer Ad Becomes Controversy
An advert featuring Paris Hilton has sparked controversy in Brazil - a government official for women's affairs is calling for the commercial to be removed due to its sexist undertones. In the advert, the socialite can be seen sexually rubbing a can of Devassa beer on herself in an office building as passers-by stare at her antics.
But despite being fully clothed throughout the ad, officials at Brazil's Women's Secretariat reveal authorities have received several complaints about the "sensual nature" of the campaign. A representative tells the Associated Press, "It's an ad that devalues women - in particular, blonde women. The problem with the ad isn't a lack of clothing, but its sensual nature. A woman in a bikini on a beach isn't necessarily sensual; it depends on the context."
Three separate investigations have been launched by Brazil's advertising watchdog to decide whether the commercial should be banned.
More Paris Hilton News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'