Paris Hilton's Beer Ad Becomes Controversy
An advert featuring Paris Hilton has sparked controversy in Brazil - a government official for women's affairs is calling for the commercial to be removed due to its sexist undertones. In the advert, the socialite can be seen sexually rubbing a can of Devassa beer on herself in an office building as passers-by stare at her antics.
But despite being fully clothed throughout the ad, officials at Brazil's Women's Secretariat reveal authorities have received several complaints about the "sensual nature" of the campaign. A representative tells the Associated Press, "It's an ad that devalues women - in particular, blonde women. The problem with the ad isn't a lack of clothing, but its sensual nature. A woman in a bikini on a beach isn't necessarily sensual; it depends on the context."
Three separate investigations have been launched by Brazil's advertising watchdog to decide whether the commercial should be banned.
More Paris Hilton News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny