Paris Hilton's Beer Ad Becomes Controversy
An advert featuring Paris Hilton has sparked controversy in Brazil - a government official for women's affairs is calling for the commercial to be removed due to its sexist undertones. In the advert, the socialite can be seen sexually rubbing a can of Devassa beer on herself in an office building as passers-by stare at her antics.
But despite being fully clothed throughout the ad, officials at Brazil's Women's Secretariat reveal authorities have received several complaints about the "sensual nature" of the campaign. A representative tells the Associated Press, "It's an ad that devalues women - in particular, blonde women. The problem with the ad isn't a lack of clothing, but its sensual nature. A woman in a bikini on a beach isn't necessarily sensual; it depends on the context."
Three separate investigations have been launched by Brazil's advertising watchdog to decide whether the commercial should be banned.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story