Paris Hilton's Beer Ad Becomes Controversy
An advert featuring Paris Hilton has sparked controversy in Brazil - a government official for women's affairs is calling for the commercial to be removed due to its sexist undertones. In the advert, the socialite can be seen sexually rubbing a can of Devassa beer on herself in an office building as passers-by stare at her antics.
But despite being fully clothed throughout the ad, officials at Brazil's Women's Secretariat reveal authorities have received several complaints about the "sensual nature" of the campaign. A representative tells the Associated Press, "It's an ad that devalues women - in particular, blonde women. The problem with the ad isn't a lack of clothing, but its sensual nature. A woman in a bikini on a beach isn't necessarily sensual; it depends on the context."
Three separate investigations have been launched by Brazil's advertising watchdog to decide whether the commercial should be banned.
More Paris Hilton News
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes