Darius Rucker Performed Before War Veterans
Country star Darius Rucker showed his charitable side on Wednesday, February 24 when he treated hospitalized war veterans in Tennessee to a free show. The singer teamed up with non-profit organization Musicians on Call to entertain patients at the Tennessee Valley Healthcare System's Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Murfreesboro.
He's set to perform another charity show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville next week, March 3 and Rucker is proud to be associated with such a significant cause. He tells CMT.com, "I think the Musicians on Call initiative is important because it's one-on-one contact with patients whose health and recovery can directly be affected by one person's time and attention."
"Hospitals like the VA (Veteran's Affairs) are so incredible for recognizing this benefit and incorporating it into their treatment to break up the monotony and improve each patient's quality of life."
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?