Darius Rucker Performed Before War Veterans
Country star Darius Rucker showed his charitable side on Wednesday, February 24 when he treated hospitalized war veterans in Tennessee to a free show. The singer teamed up with non-profit organization Musicians on Call to entertain patients at the Tennessee Valley Healthcare System's Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Murfreesboro.
He's set to perform another charity show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville next week, March 3 and Rucker is proud to be associated with such a significant cause. He tells CMT.com, "I think the Musicians on Call initiative is important because it's one-on-one contact with patients whose health and recovery can directly be affected by one person's time and attention."
"Hospitals like the VA (Veteran's Affairs) are so incredible for recognizing this benefit and incorporating it into their treatment to break up the monotony and improve each patient's quality of life."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?