Darius Rucker Performed Before War Veterans
Country star Darius Rucker showed his charitable side on Wednesday, February 24 when he treated hospitalized war veterans in Tennessee to a free show. The singer teamed up with non-profit organization Musicians on Call to entertain patients at the Tennessee Valley Healthcare System's Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Murfreesboro.
He's set to perform another charity show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville next week, March 3 and Rucker is proud to be associated with such a significant cause. He tells CMT.com, "I think the Musicians on Call initiative is important because it's one-on-one contact with patients whose health and recovery can directly be affected by one person's time and attention."
"Hospitals like the VA (Veteran's Affairs) are so incredible for recognizing this benefit and incorporating it into their treatment to break up the monotony and improve each patient's quality of life."
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert