Darius Rucker Performed Before War Veterans
Country star Darius Rucker showed his charitable side on Wednesday, February 24 when he treated hospitalized war veterans in Tennessee to a free show. The singer teamed up with non-profit organization Musicians on Call to entertain patients at the Tennessee Valley Healthcare System's Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Murfreesboro.
He's set to perform another charity show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville next week, March 3 and Rucker is proud to be associated with such a significant cause. He tells CMT.com, "I think the Musicians on Call initiative is important because it's one-on-one contact with patients whose health and recovery can directly be affected by one person's time and attention."
"Hospitals like the VA (Veteran's Affairs) are so incredible for recognizing this benefit and incorporating it into their treatment to break up the monotony and improve each patient's quality of life."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture