Darius Rucker Performed Before War Veterans
Country star Darius Rucker showed his charitable side on Wednesday, February 24 when he treated hospitalized war veterans in Tennessee to a free show. The singer teamed up with non-profit organization Musicians on Call to entertain patients at the Tennessee Valley Healthcare System's Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Murfreesboro.
He's set to perform another charity show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville next week, March 3 and Rucker is proud to be associated with such a significant cause. He tells CMT.com, "I think the Musicians on Call initiative is important because it's one-on-one contact with patients whose health and recovery can directly be affected by one person's time and attention."
"Hospitals like the VA (Veteran's Affairs) are so incredible for recognizing this benefit and incorporating it into their treatment to break up the monotony and improve each patient's quality of life."
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!