Andrew Koenig Found Dead, Mourning Family Ask for Privacy
The body of missing actor Andrew Koenig has been found in Vancouver, Canada. The former "Growing Pains" star was last seen on February 14. He disappeared during a trip to Vancouver and was reported missing by a friend after failing to show up for his flight home to Los Angeles on February 16.
His parents, former "Star Trek" actor Walter Koenig and his wife Judy, issued an emotional plea to the 41 year old during a police press conference on Wednesday, February 24, when they begged Andrew to get in touch just to assure them he is "OK".
The same day, his friend Jenny Magenta confessed her fears that the star may have "taken his own life" - and now his family and friends have had their worst fears confirmed. The tragic actor's body was found in Vancouver's Stanley Park around 12 P.M. local time on Thursday afternoon, February 25.
Vancouver authorities held a press conference at 5 P.M. (PST), just hours after the discovery, during which a police spokesperson revealed they had no reason to believe foul play was involved in Koenig's death. However, their investigations are continuing.
The representative told the news conference, "Andrew's body was found in the park by friends who had initiated their own search. Our investigations are continuing... We will not release any further details about cause of death. We have no reason to believe foul play was involved."
Koenig's dad Walter fought back tears as he told reporters, "We've already said what a great guy he was and a good human being... He was obviously in a lot of pain... What you can learn from this is that there are people out there who really, really care."
Judy Koenig added, "He was much loved and he had much to contribute in this world. This is the only statement that we are making. Please respect our privacy."
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too