Andrew Koenig Found Dead, Mourning Family Ask for Privacy
The body of missing actor Andrew Koenig has been found in Vancouver, Canada. The former "Growing Pains" star was last seen on February 14. He disappeared during a trip to Vancouver and was reported missing by a friend after failing to show up for his flight home to Los Angeles on February 16.
His parents, former "Star Trek" actor Walter Koenig and his wife Judy, issued an emotional plea to the 41 year old during a police press conference on Wednesday, February 24, when they begged Andrew to get in touch just to assure them he is "OK".
The same day, his friend Jenny Magenta confessed her fears that the star may have "taken his own life" - and now his family and friends have had their worst fears confirmed. The tragic actor's body was found in Vancouver's Stanley Park around 12 P.M. local time on Thursday afternoon, February 25.
Vancouver authorities held a press conference at 5 P.M. (PST), just hours after the discovery, during which a police spokesperson revealed they had no reason to believe foul play was involved in Koenig's death. However, their investigations are continuing.
The representative told the news conference, "Andrew's body was found in the park by friends who had initiated their own search. Our investigations are continuing... We will not release any further details about cause of death. We have no reason to believe foul play was involved."
Koenig's dad Walter fought back tears as he told reporters, "We've already said what a great guy he was and a good human being... He was obviously in a lot of pain... What you can learn from this is that there are people out there who really, really care."
Judy Koenig added, "He was much loved and he had much to contribute in this world. This is the only statement that we are making. Please respect our privacy."
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'