Michael Douglas' Son Denied Bail for Rehabilitation
Michael Douglas' actor son Cameron will remain in jail until he is sentenced for drug charges in April after a New York judge denied him bail. Cameron Douglas was arrested last August following a drugs raid on his room at Manhattan's Hotel Gansevoort. He pleaded guilty to one count of possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance and one count of possession of heroin in January.
The "It Runs in the Family" star was originally put under house arrest at his mother's Manhattan address. However, the 31 year old was thrown back behind bars after he allegedly asked his girlfriend to smuggle heroin to him in an electric toothbrush.
Cameron returned to New York's Federal Court on Thursday, February 25, when his lawyer entered a request for bail so his client could be transferred to a rehabilitation center to treat his drug addiction. But the judge denied Cameron's appeal, ruling he was more likely to relapse if he was let out, reports TMZ.com.
Douglas' son is due back in court in April. If convicted, he faces a minimum 10-year prison sentence. On Monday, February 22, his girlfriend Kelly Sott pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of possessing methamphetamine, which carries a maximum one-year prison sentence.
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World