Michael Douglas' Son Denied Bail for Rehabilitation
Michael Douglas' actor son Cameron will remain in jail until he is sentenced for drug charges in April after a New York judge denied him bail. Cameron Douglas was arrested last August following a drugs raid on his room at Manhattan's Hotel Gansevoort. He pleaded guilty to one count of possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance and one count of possession of heroin in January.
The "It Runs in the Family" star was originally put under house arrest at his mother's Manhattan address. However, the 31 year old was thrown back behind bars after he allegedly asked his girlfriend to smuggle heroin to him in an electric toothbrush.
Cameron returned to New York's Federal Court on Thursday, February 25, when his lawyer entered a request for bail so his client could be transferred to a rehabilitation center to treat his drug addiction. But the judge denied Cameron's appeal, ruling he was more likely to relapse if he was let out, reports TMZ.com.
Douglas' son is due back in court in April. If convicted, he faces a minimum 10-year prison sentence. On Monday, February 22, his girlfriend Kelly Sott pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of possessing methamphetamine, which carries a maximum one-year prison sentence.
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps