Rihanna Praising Mom for Protecting Her From Dad's Drug Habit
Rihanna has praised her mother for shielding her from her dad's drug habit while she was growing up. The "Umbrella" hitmaker admits she saw her father, Ronald Fenty, taking illegal substances when she was a child, but her mother was determined to protect her from the dangers of drugs.
Rihanna tells CNN, "I just remember that that made me know it was wrong. Every time she saw this specific thing - the foil and the ashtray - she just would go off and they separated several times because of it, and eventually it ruined their marriage you know."
"She was just like 'You're either gonna kick that drug habit and see your kids, or you're not gonna see your kids at all, cause they can't see you like that'."
More Rihanna News
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed