Rihanna Praising Mom for Protecting Her From Dad's Drug Habit
Rihanna has praised her mother for shielding her from her dad's drug habit while she was growing up. The "Umbrella" hitmaker admits she saw her father, Ronald Fenty, taking illegal substances when she was a child, but her mother was determined to protect her from the dangers of drugs.
Rihanna tells CNN, "I just remember that that made me know it was wrong. Every time she saw this specific thing - the foil and the ashtray - she just would go off and they separated several times because of it, and eventually it ruined their marriage you know."
"She was just like 'You're either gonna kick that drug habit and see your kids, or you're not gonna see your kids at all, cause they can't see you like that'."
More Rihanna News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent