Rihanna Praising Mom for Protecting Her From Dad's Drug Habit
Rihanna has praised her mother for shielding her from her dad's drug habit while she was growing up. The "Umbrella" hitmaker admits she saw her father, Ronald Fenty, taking illegal substances when she was a child, but her mother was determined to protect her from the dangers of drugs.
Rihanna tells CNN, "I just remember that that made me know it was wrong. Every time she saw this specific thing - the foil and the ashtray - she just would go off and they separated several times because of it, and eventually it ruined their marriage you know."
"She was just like 'You're either gonna kick that drug habit and see your kids, or you're not gonna see your kids at all, cause they can't see you like that'."
More Rihanna News
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS