Rihanna Praising Mom for Protecting Her From Dad's Drug Habit
Rihanna has praised her mother for shielding her from her dad's drug habit while she was growing up. The "Umbrella" hitmaker admits she saw her father, Ronald Fenty, taking illegal substances when she was a child, but her mother was determined to protect her from the dangers of drugs.
Rihanna tells CNN, "I just remember that that made me know it was wrong. Every time she saw this specific thing - the foil and the ashtray - she just would go off and they separated several times because of it, and eventually it ruined their marriage you know."
"She was just like 'You're either gonna kick that drug habit and see your kids, or you're not gonna see your kids at all, cause they can't see you like that'."
More Rihanna News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby