Rihanna Praising Mom for Protecting Her From Dad's Drug Habit
Rihanna has praised her mother for shielding her from her dad's drug habit while she was growing up. The "Umbrella" hitmaker admits she saw her father, Ronald Fenty, taking illegal substances when she was a child, but her mother was determined to protect her from the dangers of drugs.
Rihanna tells CNN, "I just remember that that made me know it was wrong. Every time she saw this specific thing - the foil and the ashtray - she just would go off and they separated several times because of it, and eventually it ruined their marriage you know."
"She was just like 'You're either gonna kick that drug habit and see your kids, or you're not gonna see your kids at all, cause they can't see you like that'."
More Rihanna News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'