Kasabian's Drummer Broke Hand Before NME Performance
Kasabian's performance at Wednesday, February 24 night's NME Awards was thrown into jeopardy when the band's drummer broke his hand. The rockers were preparing for their slot at the annual London event when Ian Matthews fell and injured his arm.
Matthews was tended to by doctors, who discovered the star had broken his hand - so the group faced a last minute panic trying to land a replacement drummer. Guitarist Sergio Pizzorno tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "We had to get our drum technician Loz in at the last minute. He doesn't even know the songs, we just told him to go for it."
And that wasn't the only disaster of the night - host Jarvis Cocker almost missed rehearsals due to heavy traffic in London. A source tells the publication, "The Queen was opening a Tube stop in Aldgate and Jarvis got stuck in traffic. He was fuming by the time he got here and rehearsals ran to the wire."
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry