Kasabian's Drummer Broke Hand Before NME Performance
Kasabian's performance at Wednesday, February 24 night's NME Awards was thrown into jeopardy when the band's drummer broke his hand. The rockers were preparing for their slot at the annual London event when Ian Matthews fell and injured his arm.
Matthews was tended to by doctors, who discovered the star had broken his hand - so the group faced a last minute panic trying to land a replacement drummer. Guitarist Sergio Pizzorno tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "We had to get our drum technician Loz in at the last minute. He doesn't even know the songs, we just told him to go for it."
And that wasn't the only disaster of the night - host Jarvis Cocker almost missed rehearsals due to heavy traffic in London. A source tells the publication, "The Queen was opening a Tube stop in Aldgate and Jarvis got stuck in traffic. He was fuming by the time he got here and rehearsals ran to the wire."
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed