Kasabian's Drummer Broke Hand Before NME Performance
Kasabian's performance at Wednesday, February 24 night's NME Awards was thrown into jeopardy when the band's drummer broke his hand. The rockers were preparing for their slot at the annual London event when Ian Matthews fell and injured his arm.
Matthews was tended to by doctors, who discovered the star had broken his hand - so the group faced a last minute panic trying to land a replacement drummer. Guitarist Sergio Pizzorno tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "We had to get our drum technician Loz in at the last minute. He doesn't even know the songs, we just told him to go for it."
And that wasn't the only disaster of the night - host Jarvis Cocker almost missed rehearsals due to heavy traffic in London. A source tells the publication, "The Queen was opening a Tube stop in Aldgate and Jarvis got stuck in traffic. He was fuming by the time he got here and rehearsals ran to the wire."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'