Kasabian's Drummer Broke Hand Before NME Performance
Kasabian's performance at Wednesday, February 24 night's NME Awards was thrown into jeopardy when the band's drummer broke his hand. The rockers were preparing for their slot at the annual London event when Ian Matthews fell and injured his arm.
Matthews was tended to by doctors, who discovered the star had broken his hand - so the group faced a last minute panic trying to land a replacement drummer. Guitarist Sergio Pizzorno tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "We had to get our drum technician Loz in at the last minute. He doesn't even know the songs, we just told him to go for it."
And that wasn't the only disaster of the night - host Jarvis Cocker almost missed rehearsals due to heavy traffic in London. A source tells the publication, "The Queen was opening a Tube stop in Aldgate and Jarvis got stuck in traffic. He was fuming by the time he got here and rehearsals ran to the wire."
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit