Kasabian's Drummer Broke Hand Before NME Performance
Kasabian's performance at Wednesday, February 24 night's NME Awards was thrown into jeopardy when the band's drummer broke his hand. The rockers were preparing for their slot at the annual London event when Ian Matthews fell and injured his arm.
Matthews was tended to by doctors, who discovered the star had broken his hand - so the group faced a last minute panic trying to land a replacement drummer. Guitarist Sergio Pizzorno tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "We had to get our drum technician Loz in at the last minute. He doesn't even know the songs, we just told him to go for it."
And that wasn't the only disaster of the night - host Jarvis Cocker almost missed rehearsals due to heavy traffic in London. A source tells the publication, "The Queen was opening a Tube stop in Aldgate and Jarvis got stuck in traffic. He was fuming by the time he got here and rehearsals ran to the wire."
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof