Kevin Smith Denies His Wife Married Him for Money
Filmmaker Kevin Smith has laughed off speculation his wife only married him for his money, insisting she's "insanely frugal" with the couple's cash. The "Clerks" director wed Jennifer Schwalbach Smith in 1999 and they share a young daughter, Harley, together.
Smith was left stunned earlier this week, February 22 when one of his Twitter.com followers claimed Jennifer married him for his money rather than his looks. The film mogul, who was recently embroiled in scandal after he was booted off a flight because of his size, has now opened up about the family's spending habits - insisting his wife rarely makes any lavish purchases.
He says, "There's what folks would like to believe, and there's the truth. Here's the truth: Jen doesn't really spend cash. She's insanely frugal. Jen shops off sale racks online, refusing to spend on clothes she'll never wear, as we never go out - at least not anywhere dressy. I know it's easier to believe Jen's in it for the money, but be realistic: we're a decade-plus into marriage. With a child. Might be love."
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- Ready to Settle Down? Taylor Lautner and Billie Lourd Already 'Talking Marriage'
- Inside Blake Shelton's Romantic Summer Tryst With Gwen Stefani
- Gal Gadot Nearly Quitted Acting Before Landing Wonder Woman Role
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Board Private Jet Together in Paris Despite Boldly Denying Romance
- Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick
- 'Survivor: Game Changers': [Spoiler] Is Crowned the Winner of Season 34