Kevin Smith Denies His Wife Married Him for Money
Filmmaker Kevin Smith has laughed off speculation his wife only married him for his money, insisting she's "insanely frugal" with the couple's cash. The "Clerks" director wed Jennifer Schwalbach Smith in 1999 and they share a young daughter, Harley, together.
Smith was left stunned earlier this week, February 22 when one of his Twitter.com followers claimed Jennifer married him for his money rather than his looks. The film mogul, who was recently embroiled in scandal after he was booted off a flight because of his size, has now opened up about the family's spending habits - insisting his wife rarely makes any lavish purchases.
He says, "There's what folks would like to believe, and there's the truth. Here's the truth: Jen doesn't really spend cash. She's insanely frugal. Jen shops off sale racks online, refusing to spend on clothes she'll never wear, as we never go out - at least not anywhere dressy. I know it's easier to believe Jen's in it for the money, but be realistic: we're a decade-plus into marriage. With a child. Might be love."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones