Kevin Smith Denies His Wife Married Him for Money
Filmmaker Kevin Smith has laughed off speculation his wife only married him for his money, insisting she's "insanely frugal" with the couple's cash. The "Clerks" director wed Jennifer Schwalbach Smith in 1999 and they share a young daughter, Harley, together.
Smith was left stunned earlier this week, February 22 when one of his Twitter.com followers claimed Jennifer married him for his money rather than his looks. The film mogul, who was recently embroiled in scandal after he was booted off a flight because of his size, has now opened up about the family's spending habits - insisting his wife rarely makes any lavish purchases.
He says, "There's what folks would like to believe, and there's the truth. Here's the truth: Jen doesn't really spend cash. She's insanely frugal. Jen shops off sale racks online, refusing to spend on clothes she'll never wear, as we never go out - at least not anywhere dressy. I know it's easier to believe Jen's in it for the money, but be realistic: we're a decade-plus into marriage. With a child. Might be love."
More Kevin Smith News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media