Kevin Smith Denies His Wife Married Him for Money
Filmmaker Kevin Smith has laughed off speculation his wife only married him for his money, insisting she's "insanely frugal" with the couple's cash. The "Clerks" director wed Jennifer Schwalbach Smith in 1999 and they share a young daughter, Harley, together.
Smith was left stunned earlier this week, February 22 when one of his Twitter.com followers claimed Jennifer married him for his money rather than his looks. The film mogul, who was recently embroiled in scandal after he was booted off a flight because of his size, has now opened up about the family's spending habits - insisting his wife rarely makes any lavish purchases.
He says, "There's what folks would like to believe, and there's the truth. Here's the truth: Jen doesn't really spend cash. She's insanely frugal. Jen shops off sale racks online, refusing to spend on clothes she'll never wear, as we never go out - at least not anywhere dressy. I know it's easier to believe Jen's in it for the money, but be realistic: we're a decade-plus into marriage. With a child. Might be love."
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer