Girls Aloud's Stars Offer Cheryl Cole Support Post Her Split With Husband
Girls Aloud' stars Nicola Roberts and Kimberley Walsh have rallied around bandmate Cheryl Cole following her split from husband Ashley Cole. The star, who wed the soccer player in July 2006, issued a statement confirming her marriage is over on Tuesday, February 23, following allegations the sportsman cheated on her with five women.
And Cole, a judge on Simon Cowell's U.K. talent contest "The X Factor", is being supported by the rest of the girl group - Roberts canceled her scheduled appearance at London's NME Awards on Tuesday so she could visit her pal at her mansion in Surrey, England. She was joined by fellow Girls Aloud's star Walsh, who rushed to Cole's side to spend time with her.
A source tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "They are the first friends who have been allowed past the gates. Cheryl values their friendship and wanted to see them for a heart-to-heart. They have always been there for each other and have provided a shoulder to cry on when needed. Cheryl just wanted a girls' night in with people she trusts."
A spokesperson for the band said Cole's groupmates - Roberts, Walsh, Sarah Harding and Nadine Coyle - are supporting their pal in private but will not be making any official statement. Meanwhile, Ashley's father Ron Callender, who lives in Australia, says he's not surprised Cole left his son, telling the tabloid, "Nobody can blame Cheryl for giving Ashley the boot. He's made her look like a mug (fool)."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics