Carrie Underwood Praises Mike Fisher for Improving Her Spirituality
Carrie Underwood credits her hockey star fiance Mike Fisher with improving her relationship with God because they share a deep faith in Christianity. The country star became engaged in December 2009 and she admits their similar religious beliefs played a key role in her decision to settle down with the Canadian sportsman.
She tells People magazine, "Mike has improved my walk with God. It's important to me, because down the road, I want someone who will help shape our kids into people who make the world a better place." And Underwood insists she knew early on in their relationship that Fisher was the man for her.
She says, "Four months of dating is my 'This guy is starting to bug me' moment. That never happened. We just eased into 'I could do this forever'. Fisher adds, "Our spiritual bond is something we try to put first in our lives."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?