Carrie Underwood Praises Mike Fisher for Improving Her Spirituality
Carrie Underwood credits her hockey star fiance Mike Fisher with improving her relationship with God because they share a deep faith in Christianity. The country star became engaged in December 2009 and she admits their similar religious beliefs played a key role in her decision to settle down with the Canadian sportsman.
She tells People magazine, "Mike has improved my walk with God. It's important to me, because down the road, I want someone who will help shape our kids into people who make the world a better place." And Underwood insists she knew early on in their relationship that Fisher was the man for her.
She says, "Four months of dating is my 'This guy is starting to bug me' moment. That never happened. We just eased into 'I could do this forever'. Fisher adds, "Our spiritual bond is something we try to put first in our lives."
More Carrie Underwood News
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala