Carrie Underwood Praises Mike Fisher for Improving Her Spirituality
Carrie Underwood credits her hockey star fiance Mike Fisher with improving her relationship with God because they share a deep faith in Christianity. The country star became engaged in December 2009 and she admits their similar religious beliefs played a key role in her decision to settle down with the Canadian sportsman.
She tells People magazine, "Mike has improved my walk with God. It's important to me, because down the road, I want someone who will help shape our kids into people who make the world a better place." And Underwood insists she knew early on in their relationship that Fisher was the man for her.
She says, "Four months of dating is my 'This guy is starting to bug me' moment. That never happened. We just eased into 'I could do this forever'. Fisher adds, "Our spiritual bond is something we try to put first in our lives."
More Carrie Underwood News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident