Carrie Underwood Praises Mike Fisher for Improving Her Spirituality
Carrie Underwood credits her hockey star fiance Mike Fisher with improving her relationship with God because they share a deep faith in Christianity. The country star became engaged in December 2009 and she admits their similar religious beliefs played a key role in her decision to settle down with the Canadian sportsman.
She tells People magazine, "Mike has improved my walk with God. It's important to me, because down the road, I want someone who will help shape our kids into people who make the world a better place." And Underwood insists she knew early on in their relationship that Fisher was the man for her.
She says, "Four months of dating is my 'This guy is starting to bug me' moment. That never happened. We just eased into 'I could do this forever'. Fisher adds, "Our spiritual bond is something we try to put first in our lives."
More Carrie Underwood News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent