Pierce Brosnan Glad His Second Wife Lets Him Mourn Late Spouse
Pierce Brosnan has heaped praise on his wife Keely Shaye Smith for encouraging him to continue to mourn his late spouse Cassie, who died of cancer. The "GoldenEye" star gave up his career to nurse his first wife, Australian actress Cassandra Harris, as she fought ovarian cancer - and he was devastated when she finally succumbed to the disease in 1991.
And the actor admits he was lucky to find love again with writer Keely, who he married in 2001, because she understands his profound feelings for Harris. Brosnan explains, "We talk about her (Harris). I am blessed with my wife, Keely, who has always been remarkably kind and compassionate."
"Cassie is remembered with great love, remembered dearly. Keely has always accommodated that, and we have now been together 17 years. You know, I have the luck of the Irish. I've had great luck in finding a partner."
"Cancer is a hard one to live with. To see someone suffer for four years, when the moment comes it's a relief that the suffering has gone. It's very hard to talk about death with somebody, but one day she said, 'It doesn't look so good for me.' We held each other and wept and had a cup of tea. A cup of tea always sorts things out, and then you sort out your priorities."
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts