Pierce Brosnan Glad His Second Wife Lets Him Mourn Late Spouse
Pierce Brosnan has heaped praise on his wife Keely Shaye Smith for encouraging him to continue to mourn his late spouse Cassie, who died of cancer. The "GoldenEye" star gave up his career to nurse his first wife, Australian actress Cassandra Harris, as she fought ovarian cancer - and he was devastated when she finally succumbed to the disease in 1991.
And the actor admits he was lucky to find love again with writer Keely, who he married in 2001, because she understands his profound feelings for Harris. Brosnan explains, "We talk about her (Harris). I am blessed with my wife, Keely, who has always been remarkably kind and compassionate."
"Cassie is remembered with great love, remembered dearly. Keely has always accommodated that, and we have now been together 17 years. You know, I have the luck of the Irish. I've had great luck in finding a partner."
"Cancer is a hard one to live with. To see someone suffer for four years, when the moment comes it's a relief that the suffering has gone. It's very hard to talk about death with somebody, but one day she said, 'It doesn't look so good for me.' We held each other and wept and had a cup of tea. A cup of tea always sorts things out, and then you sort out your priorities."
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years