America Ferrera: It's Hard to Say Goodbye to 'Ugly Betty'
America Ferrera is dreading the end of hit U.S. TV show "Ugly Betty" - because she's been on the series for almost her "entire adult life". The 25-year-old beauty has starred as lead character Betty Suarez in the comedy since it began in 2006.
She was stunned when ABC executives announced in January the program's current fourth season will be its last - and admits she'll find it hard to leave the show. She tells ETOnline.com, "(I've been on the series) almost my entire adult life and it's been an enormous blessing and I love my cast and my crew and I love this character."
"It's a big transition to say goodbye to something that's been this big a part of your life for so long so I think a pause is in order and I'll let the next step come naturally." But Ferrera hopes to snatch some props to take as souvenirs of her time on the show, "I've been thinking about it, there are a few things that I want. I don't want to keep the braces - those can go to the Museum of TV or something."
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her