Shakira Feels Connected With Rafael Nadal
Shakira has opened up about her decision to cast Rafael Nadal in a new music video, insisting she picked the tennis ace to be her leading man because she "identifies" with him. The Colombian singer sparked reports of a new romance with Nadal when they were photographed meeting together, shortly before filming a steamy promo for Shakira's new single "Gypsy".
Nadal's rep spoke out to deny the rumors in early February and now Shakira has discussed her relationship with the Spanish athlete. She explains, "I thought that maybe I needed someone (in the video) I could in some way identify with."
"And Rafael Nadal is a person who has been totally committed to his career since he was very young, since he was 17, I believe. (The song represents my) way of living and seeing life. I've been on the road since I was very young, so that's where the gypsy metaphor comes from."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly