Shakira Feels Connected With Rafael Nadal
Shakira has opened up about her decision to cast Rafael Nadal in a new music video, insisting she picked the tennis ace to be her leading man because she "identifies" with him. The Colombian singer sparked reports of a new romance with Nadal when they were photographed meeting together, shortly before filming a steamy promo for Shakira's new single "Gypsy".
Nadal's rep spoke out to deny the rumors in early February and now Shakira has discussed her relationship with the Spanish athlete. She explains, "I thought that maybe I needed someone (in the video) I could in some way identify with."
"And Rafael Nadal is a person who has been totally committed to his career since he was very young, since he was 17, I believe. (The song represents my) way of living and seeing life. I've been on the road since I was very young, so that's where the gypsy metaphor comes from."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert