Shakira Feels Connected With Rafael Nadal
Shakira has opened up about her decision to cast Rafael Nadal in a new music video, insisting she picked the tennis ace to be her leading man because she "identifies" with him. The Colombian singer sparked reports of a new romance with Nadal when they were photographed meeting together, shortly before filming a steamy promo for Shakira's new single "Gypsy".
Nadal's rep spoke out to deny the rumors in early February and now Shakira has discussed her relationship with the Spanish athlete. She explains, "I thought that maybe I needed someone (in the video) I could in some way identify with."
"And Rafael Nadal is a person who has been totally committed to his career since he was very young, since he was 17, I believe. (The song represents my) way of living and seeing life. I've been on the road since I was very young, so that's where the gypsy metaphor comes from."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers