Shakira Feels Connected With Rafael Nadal
Shakira has opened up about her decision to cast Rafael Nadal in a new music video, insisting she picked the tennis ace to be her leading man because she "identifies" with him. The Colombian singer sparked reports of a new romance with Nadal when they were photographed meeting together, shortly before filming a steamy promo for Shakira's new single "Gypsy".
Nadal's rep spoke out to deny the rumors in early February and now Shakira has discussed her relationship with the Spanish athlete. She explains, "I thought that maybe I needed someone (in the video) I could in some way identify with."
"And Rafael Nadal is a person who has been totally committed to his career since he was very young, since he was 17, I believe. (The song represents my) way of living and seeing life. I've been on the road since I was very young, so that's where the gypsy metaphor comes from."
More Shakira News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl