Miranda Kerr Insists She's Not Engaged to Orlando Bloom
Orlando Bloom's girlfriend Miranda Kerr has slammed reports the pair is to marry, insisting she wears a special ring on her wedding finger because it doesn't fit elsewhere. The Australian beauty, who has been dating Bloom since 2007, sparked rumors the actor had proposed after she began showing off a band on her left hand during the Cannes Film Festival in France in 2009.
The rumors then picked up pace after the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star whisked the Victoria's Secret beauty on a romantic holiday to Morocco in November 2009, sparking further speculation they were planning to make their union official. A rep for the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star released a statement in December 2009 declaring there was "no truth" to reports of an engagement.
Now Kerr has spoken out about the commotion for the first time, insisting her decision to wear the ring was an "innocent" move. She says, "I think Orlando is an incredible man and he's a very genuine and authentic individual. I'm grateful that he's in my life. No, we're not engaged. You can't always believe everything you read!"
"We were in Cannes at the film festival and it was so hot that my fingers were swelling. I was wearing it on that finger because that's the only one it would fit on. It was totally an innocent thing."
More Miranda Kerr News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent