Brittany Murphy's Widower Never Snubs Father From Visiting Daughter's Grave
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack has denied reports he prevented the tragic actress' father from visiting her grave. Angelo Bertolotti was denied access to Murphy's grave site last week, on February 15 after arriving at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills to pay his respects.
Staff reportedly told the actress' estranged father that only family members could visit Murphy's grave - and because his name wasn't on her death certificate, they couldn't allow him in. Murphy's half-brother Jeff, has since spoken out about the snub, calling it "a travesty".
A cemetery spokesperson addressed the incident by telling reporters if "particular families leave special instructions," they abide by them, prompting speculation it was Monjack and the "Clueless" star's mother, Sharon, who asked for Bertolotti to be kept out.
But Monjack is adamant he and his mother-in-law did not arrange to alienate Bertolotti. He tells EOnline.com, "Neither Sharon nor I have heard from Mr. Bertolotti in any capacity for many, many years."
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry