Brittany Murphy's Widower Never Snubs Father From Visiting Daughter's Grave
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack has denied reports he prevented the tragic actress' father from visiting her grave. Angelo Bertolotti was denied access to Murphy's grave site last week, on February 15 after arriving at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills to pay his respects.
Staff reportedly told the actress' estranged father that only family members could visit Murphy's grave - and because his name wasn't on her death certificate, they couldn't allow him in. Murphy's half-brother Jeff, has since spoken out about the snub, calling it "a travesty".
A cemetery spokesperson addressed the incident by telling reporters if "particular families leave special instructions," they abide by them, prompting speculation it was Monjack and the "Clueless" star's mother, Sharon, who asked for Bertolotti to be kept out.
But Monjack is adamant he and his mother-in-law did not arrange to alienate Bertolotti. He tells EOnline.com, "Neither Sharon nor I have heard from Mr. Bertolotti in any capacity for many, many years."
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'