Brittany Murphy's Widower Never Snubs Father From Visiting Daughter's Grave
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack has denied reports he prevented the tragic actress' father from visiting her grave. Angelo Bertolotti was denied access to Murphy's grave site last week, on February 15 after arriving at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills to pay his respects.
Staff reportedly told the actress' estranged father that only family members could visit Murphy's grave - and because his name wasn't on her death certificate, they couldn't allow him in. Murphy's half-brother Jeff, has since spoken out about the snub, calling it "a travesty".
A cemetery spokesperson addressed the incident by telling reporters if "particular families leave special instructions," they abide by them, prompting speculation it was Monjack and the "Clueless" star's mother, Sharon, who asked for Bertolotti to be kept out.
But Monjack is adamant he and his mother-in-law did not arrange to alienate Bertolotti. He tells EOnline.com, "Neither Sharon nor I have heard from Mr. Bertolotti in any capacity for many, many years."
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover