Brittany Murphy's Widower Never Snubs Father From Visiting Daughter's Grave
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack has denied reports he prevented the tragic actress' father from visiting her grave. Angelo Bertolotti was denied access to Murphy's grave site last week, on February 15 after arriving at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills to pay his respects.
Staff reportedly told the actress' estranged father that only family members could visit Murphy's grave - and because his name wasn't on her death certificate, they couldn't allow him in. Murphy's half-brother Jeff, has since spoken out about the snub, calling it "a travesty".
A cemetery spokesperson addressed the incident by telling reporters if "particular families leave special instructions," they abide by them, prompting speculation it was Monjack and the "Clueless" star's mother, Sharon, who asked for Bertolotti to be kept out.
But Monjack is adamant he and his mother-in-law did not arrange to alienate Bertolotti. He tells EOnline.com, "Neither Sharon nor I have heard from Mr. Bertolotti in any capacity for many, many years."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'