Brittany Murphy's Widower Never Snubs Father From Visiting Daughter's Grave
Brittany Murphy's widower Simon Monjack has denied reports he prevented the tragic actress' father from visiting her grave. Angelo Bertolotti was denied access to Murphy's grave site last week, on February 15 after arriving at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills to pay his respects.
Staff reportedly told the actress' estranged father that only family members could visit Murphy's grave - and because his name wasn't on her death certificate, they couldn't allow him in. Murphy's half-brother Jeff, has since spoken out about the snub, calling it "a travesty".
A cemetery spokesperson addressed the incident by telling reporters if "particular families leave special instructions," they abide by them, prompting speculation it was Monjack and the "Clueless" star's mother, Sharon, who asked for Bertolotti to be kept out.
But Monjack is adamant he and his mother-in-law did not arrange to alienate Bertolotti. He tells EOnline.com, "Neither Sharon nor I have heard from Mr. Bertolotti in any capacity for many, many years."
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation