Woody Harrelson Not Expecting Oscars Win
Woody Harrelson is expecting to go home a loser on Oscar night, march 7 - because he's convinced he's the worst actor in his category. Harrelson lost his first chance at Oscar gold to Geoffrey Rush in 1997, when he was up for Best Leading Actor in "The People vs. Larry Flynt".
Thirteen years on, "The Messenger (2009)" star is facing stiff competition from Christopher Plummer ("The Last Station"), Matt Damon ("Invictus"), Stanley Tucci ("The Lovely Bones") and Christoph Waltz ("Inglourious Basterds") in the Best Supporting Actor category.
And Harrelson's certain he's going home empty-handed. He says, "I think my chances of winning are probably about less than one per cent... They're all better than me, and I'll admit it. No, I feel lucky just to be nominated with all these guys."
But Harrelson insists he won't be too disappointed without a win, adding, "I got a note from my mum, and she said, 'You finally arrived. You've been nominated in the same category with Christopher Plummer.' So, I got my mum's approval, which is enough. I don't need a statue."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding