Woody Harrelson Not Expecting Oscars Win
Woody Harrelson is expecting to go home a loser on Oscar night, march 7 - because he's convinced he's the worst actor in his category. Harrelson lost his first chance at Oscar gold to Geoffrey Rush in 1997, when he was up for Best Leading Actor in "The People vs. Larry Flynt".
Thirteen years on, "The Messenger (2009)" star is facing stiff competition from Christopher Plummer ("The Last Station"), Matt Damon ("Invictus"), Stanley Tucci ("The Lovely Bones") and Christoph Waltz ("Inglourious Basterds") in the Best Supporting Actor category.
And Harrelson's certain he's going home empty-handed. He says, "I think my chances of winning are probably about less than one per cent... They're all better than me, and I'll admit it. No, I feel lucky just to be nominated with all these guys."
But Harrelson insists he won't be too disappointed without a win, adding, "I got a note from my mum, and she said, 'You finally arrived. You've been nominated in the same category with Christopher Plummer.' So, I got my mum's approval, which is enough. I don't need a statue."
More Woody Harrelson News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards