Lil Wayne Not Impregnating Shanell Woodgett
Jail-bound rapper Lil Wayne has silenced reports he's expecting a fifth child with a singer he signed to his record label. The "Lollipop" hitmaker, who is expected to be sentenced to a year behind bars next week, on March 2, was rumored to have impregnated upcoming singer Shanell Woodgett, who he recruited to his Young Money imprint.
But the hip-hop star insists there's no truth to the speculation. In a video clip posted online for fans, Wayne explains, "Let me clear up this rumor, man, Shanell is not pregnant from me (sic). Shanell isn't even pregnant! Period. Clear that up right now, man. Everybody talking about Shanell pregnant by (me). No, she not even pregnant (sic). Period."
And Shanell, who has written songs for the rapper, admits she was deeply offended by the story. She tells MTV.com, "Basically it came from a corny rumor that escalated. First I was dating him, then I was his girlfriend, then we were getting married, then we were settling down and now I'm pregnant. It's so foolish we've haven't paid it any attention."
"All the rest of the rumours were kinda (sic) funny except that one. When my mother called me (I said) 'No! Are you serious?' I don't care about the (other) rumors, but I just want people to know that I'm not pregnant. I've got an album coming out, I'm a dancer, I'm in shape and children are not anywhere in my future."
Lil Wayne is already dad to three sons and a daughter, Reginae, from previous relationships.
More Lil Wayne News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months